Length : 1/2 day
Click here for Course Preview.
For classroom delivery, this course is taught as half day session (4 hours).
In this course, you analyze how to generate clones as free objects, grouped objects, and synchronized family. You use the Create Synchronous Copy feature, generate clones from modgen, create mutant clones, and analyze how to effectively reuse existing structures in your layout by using clone and copy. You create layout structures using features of the Generate Clones and Create Synchronous Copy commands. You update your layout after an Engineering Change Order (ECO) and update the layout to reflect the pin name changes between schematic and layout by using the Update Components and Nets (UCN) command. You use the Design-Rule-Driven (DRD) Editing and the DRD Interactive Compactor features in the Virtuoso® Layout Suite (XL).
View the videos available in the course in the links given below:
- Generating Clones as Free Objects
- Generating Clones as Grouped Objects
- Generating Clones as Synchronized Family
- Generating Synchronous Copy of Wires
- Generating Clones From Modgen
- Creating Mutant Clones
- Updating the Net and Pin Names – Overview
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create your layout structures using Generate Clones and Create Synchronous Copy features
- Update your layout after an Engineering Change Order (ECO)
- Use the Design-Rule-Driven (DRD) Editing and the DRD Interactive Compactor features
Software Used in This Course
Virtuoso Layout Suite XL v IC6.1.7
Modules in this Course
- Generating Clones
- Updating Connectivity and Nets
- Design-Rule-Driven Editing
- Layout Design Engineers
- Layout CAD Managers
You must have:
- Experience with layout design.
- Knowledge of schematic symbols and MOS devices.
- A basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
Or you must have completed the following courses:
- Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T1 Environment and Basic Commands (L)
- Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T2 Create and Edit Commands (L)
- Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T3 Basic Commands (XL)
Please note that some of the training features will require loading a set of SKILL files. It is recommended to include these files in your standard Virtuoso settings.