SAN JOSE, Calif., 17 Jul 2019
- Cadence delivers Portable Stimulus Methodology and Library: A Portable Test and Stimulus Specification-compliant source code form of the popular Perspec System Methodology Library and PSS methodology documentation
- AMIQ confirms methodology and library code is compliant to Portable Test and Stimulus Specification standard using their DVT Eclipse Integrated Development Environment.
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS) today announced delivery of the Accellera Portable Test and Stimulus Specification (PSS) 1.0-compliant implementation of the popular Cadence® Perspec™ System Methodology Library (SML) and methodology documentation. This new PSS methodology and library was checked by AMIQ using their DVT Eclipse IDE to confirm the new library is PSS Language Reference Manual compliant.
The PSS methodology library enables Cadence Perspec System Verifier customers to access PSS source code for any of the SML functions to develop their models, saving them a minimum of eight weeks of development versus manual library creation. In addition, Cadence will also provide the library in source form along with the methodology documentation to non-Perspec users to help promote the adoption of the PSS. For more information on the Cadence Perspec System Verifier and the PSS methodology and library, please visit www.cadence.com/go/PSSMethodology.
The PSS methodology document and library are accessible via download, providing customers with the flexibility of increased automation capabilities and platform portability. The methodology and library features include:
- PSS model library: Users gain access to a compliant PSS model library for common processor actions and memory operations.
- Guidelines for PSS model packaging and adoption: Users gain access to a directory and naming and packaging guidelines that make PSS-reusable code more consistent and easier to package and share.
- Fully explained patterns and code examples for PSS modeling: Users have access to a dictionary of patterns that they can review and customize to solve their specific needs. Additionally, the patterns demonstrate PSS model reuse and extensibility, allowing platform portability and vertical reuse.
“Users appreciate the power of the latest standards for enabling industry progress and multi-vendor support,” said Cristian Amitroaie, CEO of AMIQ EDA. “We collaborated with Cadence using our DVT Eclipse IDE to provide a way to check the library for compliance to the standard. The combination of our IDE features and realistic examples helps users become familiar with PSS and develop compliant, vendor-neutral models for a variety of applications.”
“Delivering the PSS methodology and library exemplifies our commitment to facilitating further adoption of PSS to tackle complex verification challenges,” said Ziyad Hanna, corporate vice president, R&D in the System & Verification Group at Cadence. “Our focus is to continually reduce the cost of finding bugs, and the PSS is critical in this quest. By offering our library in PSS-compliant form, customers can design with confidence and speed time to market.”
The Perspec System Verifier improves system-level test productivity by up to 10X. It is part of the Cadence Verification Suite comprised of best-in-class core engines, verification fabric technologies and solutions that increase verification throughput. Together, they support the company’s Intelligent System Design™ strategy, which enables system and semiconductor companies to create complete, differentiated end products more efficiently.
Cadence enables electronic systems and semiconductor companies to create the innovative end products that are transforming the way people live, work and play. Cadence® software, hardware and semiconductor IP are used by customers to deliver products to market faster. The company’s Intelligent System Design strategy helps customers develop differentiated products—from chips to boards to intelligent systems—in mobile, consumer, cloud data center, automotive, aerospace, IoT, industrial and other market segments. Cadence is listed as one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more at cadence.com.
For more information, please contact: