SAN JOSE, Calif., 10 Mar 2014
- Cadence speeds up and expands Interconnect Workbench solution for ARM® CoreLink™ 400 interconnect IP-based systems to deliver faster performance verification and analysis
- Cadence now provides ARM Fast Models combined with the Palladium® XP II platform to support ARMv8-based system embedded OS verification
- Verification IP supporting the ARM AMBA® 5 CHI protocol for advanced networking, storage and server systems is now available for simulation and the Palladium XP II platform
In collaboration with ARM, Cadence enhanced its System Development Suite's ARM-based system verification solution by including:
- New adaptable interconnect performance characterization test suite in the Cadence® Interconnect Workbench, along with AMBA Designer integration, that delivers a significant speed-up of performance analysis and verification of CoreLink CCI-400 system IP and NIC-400 design tool based systems.
- Expanded and pre-verified support of hardware-accurate OS embedded software verification using Palladium XP II platform with ARMv8 64-bit Cortex processor family Fast Models, which are now available through Cadence.
- Verification IP supporting AMBA 5 Coherent Hub Interface (CHI) protocol is the same protocol as implemented in the ARM CoreLink CCN-508 system IP and silicon proven CoreLink CCN-504 Cache Coherent Networks as used in enterprise level applications. The new Verification IP runs on all industry simulators, plus Accelerated Verification IP for Palladium XP II platforms.
"The Cadence Palladium solution for embedded software development enabled by ARM-based Fast Models helps us reduce the system software validation cycle and ensures a smoother post-silicon bring-up," said Kevin Kranzusch, vice president, System Software, at NVIDIA. "The continued delivery of innovating technology from ARM and Cadence is crucial to our ongoing success."
For more information on this solution visit www.cadence.com/news/sds
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Partners use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available here.
For more information, please contact:
We partnered closely with Cadence to utilize the Innovus Implementation System during the development of our ARM Cortex-A72 processor. This demonstrated a 5X runtime improvement over previous projects and will deliver more than 2.6GHz performance within our area target.
Noel Hurley, General Manager, CPU Group, ARM