Length : 1/2 day
For classroom delivery, this course is taught as half day session (4 hours).
In this course, you use the Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE) XL environment and its corresponding assistants and workspaces to analyze transistor-level designs. You visualize the waveform results in the Virtuoso Visualization and Analysis (ViVA) XL tool. You create multiple tests and run analyses simultaneously. You create sweep design variables and parameters, set up multiple corners, and run corner analysis.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Run analysis for multiple tests.
- Set up a sweep analysis using variables and parameters associated with your design instances.
- Set up multiple corners and run corner analysis.
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Schematic Editor
- Virtuoso Analog Design Environment XL
- Virtuoso Spectre Circuit Simulator
- IC 6.1.6 ISR 11, MMSIM 14.1
- About This Course
- Variables and Parameters
- Simulating Design Corners
- Analog IC Design Engineers
- Custom Circuit Designers
You should have experience with the related software or complete the following courses:
If you have not taken these courses, then you need the equivalent experience in design entry with Virtuoso Schematic Editor L and XL and basic simulation with ADE L. This also implies that you have experience in analyzing simulation waveforms using a waveform viewer/editor. You can also meet this requirement by having taken the ADE IC 5.1.41 course in the past, or by having substantial experience using ADE 5.1.41 in running simulations.