- Gives formal users metrics to measure progress and achieve signoff
- Extracts and displays valuable progress metrics, even for bounded (incomplete) proofs
- Helps avoid over-constraining the DUT
The Cadence® Jasper™ Design Coverage Verification (COV) App generates, measures, and reports a comprehensive set of coverage metrics. This is a critical component of the formal verification process for tracking verification progress and achieving signoff. Coverage is used in conjunction with the other Jasper Apps. Coverage from Jasper formal verification can also be combined with Cadence Xcelium™ Logic Simulation coverage in the vManager™ Verification Management.
Like simulation coverage, Jasper formal coverage provides support for both code and functional coverage, including covergroups. Formal-specific coverage types provide data on what coverage is being exercised by the formal testbench (“Stimuli Coverage”), and well as the completeness of the formal checks (“Checker Coverage”).
The Jasper COV App provides a GUI with comprehensive metrics analysis capabilities, as well as the ability to generate custom reports and file formats such as HTML.
- Provides coverage metrics for formal environments, whether a proof completes or is a partial "bounded proof"
- Metrics views for analyzing code coverage (branch, statement, expression, toggle) and functional coverage, including covergroups
- Features cone-of-influence, mutation, and unique Proof Core technology, which measure checker coverage to assess how completely the assertion set verifies the design under test (DUT)
- Auto-exclude and manually create waivers for irrelevant covers
- Database save/load/merge capabilities
- Analyzes over-constraints to eliminate false confidence in design correctness