SAN JOSE, Calif., 04 Jun 2015
The tool certification and enablement provides Intel Custom Foundry customers with a complete and integrated system-on-chip (SoC) design flow. Cadence® tools in the flow include:
- Innovus™ Implementation System: This next-generation physical implementation solution enables SoC developers to deliver designs for Intel's advanced second generation of tri-gate technology.
- Quantus™ QRC Extraction Solution: This tool uses a single Intel Custom Foundry-certified techfile and delivers a faster, scalable solution by supporting both cell-level and transistor-level extractions during design implementation and signoff with best-in-class accuracy versus foundry golden.
- Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution: This tool provides full-chip static timing analysis (STA) with gate-level delay calculation including signal integrity (SI) analysis, advanced on-chip variation analysis, advanced-node functionality required for double-patterning and waveform effects, and optimization for timing and leakage power.
- Physical Verification System: This full-chip system provides multi-patterning decomposition (MPT), design rule checks (DRC), layout versus schematic (LVS), design for manufacturing (DFM) metal fill, electrical rule checks (ERC), and high-capacity chip-finishing that integrates with the Virtuoso® custom IC platform and Innovus Implementation System to significantly reduce iterations and achieve faster physical signoff.
- Spectre® Circuit Simulator, Spectre RF Simulation and Spectre Accelerated Parallel Simulator: These tools provide fast, accurate SPICE-level simulation for tough analog, radio frequency (RF) and mixed-signal circuits.
"The certified Cadence tools offer a complete and integrated flow for our customers, so they can implement and verify differentiated SoCs on Intel's 14nm design platform utilizing the second generation of tri-gate transistors," said Ali Farhang, vice president, Design Enablement and Services, Intel Custom Foundry. "We worked closely with Cadence and Imagination to optimize the design ecosystem for customers who are creating advanced-node designs."
"Our collaboration with Intel on the certification process provides customers with added confidence that the Cadence flow can perform optimally on Intel Custom Foundry's 14nm design platform," said Dr. Anirudh Devgan, senior vice president and general manager of the Digital and Signoff Group at Cadence. "Intel Custom Foundry's growing customer base can now create differentiated SoCs on the Intel 14nm process using the full Cadence tool flow."
"Our PowerVR Series6 GPU is designed to enable advanced graphics and efficient GPU compute performance for a wide range of mobile and embedded devices," said Tony King-Smith, EVP marketing, Imagination Technologies. "The collaboration with Intel and Cadence has enabled us to ensure the design flow delivers excellent results on the 14nm process."
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products and its services is available at www.cadence.com.