Cadence® AWR® Visual System Simulator™ (VSS) RF/wireless communications and radar system design software provides link budget and spurious heritage analysis, along with end-to-end time-domain and circuit-envelope simulations. With AWR VSS software, wireless design teams apply behavioral, impedance-aware RF models and baseband signal processing blocks to develop and optimize system architectures and determine component specifications for best overall performance. Users can simulate system metrics such as adjacent channel power ratio (ACPR), bit-error rate (BER), and error vector magnitude (EVM) with pre-configured and user-defined virtual testbenches, as well as identify the source of spurious products and other system impairments.
The AWR VSS Advantage
Impedance-aware behavioral modeling for rapid architectural design, budget and spur analysis, and component specification
Circuit and electromagnetic (EM) co-simulation to incorporate accurate component-level design into RF-to-baseband communications system development
Virtual testbenches provide pre-configured modulated signal sources and measurements for popular wireless communication standards
Features at a Glance
- Behavioral Models – Incorporate the impact of component voltage standing-wave ratio (VSWR) on system link budget and other performance metrics
- Circuit Envelope – Analysis of digitally modulated RF circuits including EVM, BER, and ACPR simulations
- Planning/Analysis Tools – Budget analysis provides cascaded RF measurements, frequency planner (option), and spurious heritage analysis
- Co-Simulation – With Cadence® AWR® Microwave Office® circuit design software
- Phased-Array Design – Configure and optimize beam steering / multiple-in-multiple-out (MIMO) antenna arrays and feed structures directly from antenna simulations
- Testbenches – Wireless standards including 5G, LTE, narrowband internet of things (NB-IoT), and more
- Libraries – Radar and 5G signals (option) and waveforms, inclusive of testbenches
- Connect simulations and hardware testing – Simulate VSS designs with standards-compliant signal generation and analysis tools R&S® WinIQSIM2 and R&S VSE from Rohde & Schwarz
AWR technology is also available with Cadence OnCloud Platform
Start using Microwave Design tools today
Plan and pricing
RF and microwave design workflows require high-frequency solutions. Utilize the best solutions with powerful, integrated circuit, system, and electromagnetic (EM) software from Cadence.
- Circuit design software for accurate RF/microwave simulation
- 3D planar EM analysis for S-parameter extraction and design verification
- System simulation and modeling for wireless communications and radar systems
90 hours. Named user license.
RF-aware layout, high-frequency models, and a powerful harmonic balance (HB) simulator ensure accurate and fast simulation results for first-pass success.Learn More
AXIEM analysis delivers the accuracy, capacity, and speed designers need to characterize and optimize passive components on RF PCBs, modules, LTCCs, MMICs, RFICs, and antennas.Learn More
Visual System Simulator
Wireless design teams apply behavioral, impedance-aware RF models and baseband signal processing blocks to develop and optimize system architectures and determine component specifications for best overall performance.Learn More
Looking for a Team Solution?
Our tools exist to provide access to solutions at any team and product size. If any of our tools seem right for a larger place in your overall workflow, leave a note for our sales team below.
Search our catalogue of content to find refresher materials, explicit training, and direct answers for any questions you may have.