The goal of the Cadence® University Program is to grant easy access to leading electronic design automation (EDA) and Tensilica® processor configuration and extension tools for educational institutions around the world. Our customers rely on skilled engineers entering the workforce. As the leader in EDA, we are committed to helping our customers by giving future engineers access to our world-class tools, we impact over 30,000 students each year through these programs. By making our products readily available for instruction and fundamental research, Cadence is helping the electronics industry speed ideas to reality.
The Cadence® University Program grants easy access to leading-edge electronic design technology for educational institutions around the world
By applying Cadence’s underlying Intelligent System Design™ strategy to our software, educational institutions can turn design concepts into reality even faster
Impact the Future
With Cadence tools in classrooms and labs around the globe, we are helping to train the next generation of innovators, influencing the electronics industry for years to come
Elective University Program
AWR University Program
Try Cadence AWR software products today and see for yourself how easy and effective it is to streamline your design process, improve end-product performance, and accelerate time to market for MMICs, RFICs, RF PCBs, microwave modules, antennas, communications systems, radar systems, and more.
Faculty members wanting to join or renew their network licenses, please contact email@example.com assistance.
Faculty members wanting to join or renew their flexible access licenses, please fill out the application form or apply below. Students at participating universities in the Cadence AWR Flexible Access Program can self-license AWR tools for non-commercial use on their personal Windows PCs.
Cloud Passport Partner Program
The Cadence Cloud Passport Partner Program gives you a proven and easier path to the cloud when your internal IT teams desire assistance. Cadence engages with program partners to ensure they are knowledgeable and proficient at deploying Cadence tools in cloud-based electronic design environments. Users managing their own cloud environments using the Cloud Passport model now have the option to get support from Cadence-authorized cloud enablement providers to accelerate cloud adoption for chip design projects.
The Cloud Passport Partner Program offers the following opportunities:
- Faster cloud deployments: Partners help you accelerate the provisioning of your customized cloud environments from months to weeks depending on scope of the engagement.
- Support for complex design environments: With the help of a Cadence-approved partner, you can confidently utilize the cloud for design projects no matter the complexity of your flow or environment.
- Access to specialized solutions for collaboration: Partners provide tailored offerings to address your specialized requirements—such as International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), multi-cloud access, and academic and research use cases—which improve your collaboration and accelerate design innovation.
Computational Fluid Dynamics
The Cadence CFD University Program provides education institutions easy access to CFD meshing and CFD solver software, powered by Fidelity™ CFD Software. Four different bundles are available:
- Pointwise Bundle: Contains Fidelity Pointwise® Mesh Generation for mesh generation and preprocessing.
- Flow Bundle: Contains Fidelity Automesh Mesh Generation (including Autogrid, Hexpress, and Autoseal tools), and the Fidelity Flow Solver for solving multiphysics challenges with speed and precision.
- Turbo Bundle: Contains Fidelity Automesh Mesh Generation (including Autogrid, Hexpress, and Autoseal tools), Fidelity Turbo Solver, Fidelity Optimization Solver, and Fidelity PBS Solver.
- Marine Bundle: Contains Fidelity Automesh Mesh Generation (including Autogrid, Hexpress, and Autoseal tools), Fidelity Marine Solver, and Fidelity HPC Acceleration Option for Marine.
University members are encouraged to join the CFD Users Group on LinkedIn.
The Cadence® inspectAR™ Augmented Reality Electronics Platform is an augmented reality (AR) tool highly specialized for electronics lab bench work. By using the inspectAR tool to separate a circuit board layout into an AR object consisting of nets and components, anyone who works on a circuit board physically with their hands can gain instant connection back to the wealth of knowledge and expertise that was available to the PCB designer.
OrCAD University Program
The Cadence OrCAD University Program provides educational institutions access to high-speed PCB design, constraint management, and PCB layout tools powered by Cadence Allegro®, Sigrity™, and PSpice® technology to give you real-time feedback. You will be able to create schematics using OrCAD® Capture, simulate it with PSpice Simulator, and then lay out the PCB using OrCAD Layout tools.
Visit the OrCAD Academic Program page to learn how you can get access to the full OrCAD package that can be used for fundamental research and teaching.
Tensilica University Program
The Cadence Tensilica University Program provides educational institutions with easy access to the leading Tensilica® processor configuration and extension tools to help prepare students to succeed in today’s highly competitive world, which is experiencing innovation at a very rapid pace. Join the qualified universities who have already incorporated Tensilica tools into their classrooms and academic research projects.
Cadence's customizable Tensilica processors and DSPs are widely deployed in various market segments and are at the forefront of innovation. Some of the market segments include:
- Hyperscale computing
- IoT and edge sensory devices
- Consumer electronics
Tensilica processors and DSPs support applications such as:
- Vision and imaging
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)
- Audio, voice, and speech
- Radar/lidar and communications
University members are encouraged to join the Tensilica Users Group on LinkedIn.