- Automatically and exhaustively explores the reachability of yet-to-be-hit cover points in the simulation coverage database
- Exposes bugs with DUT by identifying unexpected unreachable points
- Saves weeks of time and effort to achieve coverage closure metrics by eliminating true unreachable covers
Automating the previously tedious, time-consuming code coverage analysis process, the Cadence® Jasper™ Coverage Unreachability (UNR) App saves weeks of time to attain verification closure. The app takes a partially complete simulation coverage database and register-transfer level (RTL) code for the design under test (DUT) as inputs, and automatically generates properties to formally explore the reachability of uncovered cover points remaining in the database. The Jasper UNR App can be readily used by simulation users with minimal formal verification experience.
When verification teams measure simulation coverage attained versus effort spent to create further simulation tests, the typical curve is initially steep and greatly flattens later on, signifying diminishing returns of adding new tests. A much greater effort is needed to create tests that increase “last mile” coverage significantly. The knee of this curve may occur anywhere in the 70-95% code coverage range, depending on the DUT. This is an optimal point to run the Jasper UNR App.
Using the Jasper UNR App, you can create properties to explore the reachability of the remaining points, identifying points that can be eliminated from further consideration and focusing on where further test creation efforts can be useful. Through this process of formal-assisted coverage closure, the Jasper UNR App can save weeks of effort.
- Automatically generates properties to explore the reachability of yet-to-be-hit cover points in the simulation coverage database
- Outputs a database of unreachable points for easy review, highlighting DUT or testbench bugs
- Supports automatic merging of the set of reviewed and accepted unreachables with the simulation coverage database to improve coverage closure metrics
- Supports Cadence’s Xcelium™ Logic Simulator, Unicov database, vManager™ Verification Management, and Integrated Metrics Center