- Verifies compliance to standard protocols with exhaustive assertion-based verification IP libraries
- Enables automated, encapsulated, plug-and-play capabilities
- Provides quality support for spec-compliant designs
Optimized for high-performance execution and rapid debug, Cadence® Assertion-Based Verification IP (VIP) consist of libraries of assertion-based VIP for exhaustively verifying the compliance of a design under test (DUT) to a given protocol. With our Assertion-Based VIP, you can find critical bugs early on and shorten your overall verification schedule.
All of our Assertion-Based VIP are optimized for high-performance execution in our formal engines and Jasper™ ProofGrid™ Intelligent Resource Manager, along with rapid debug with our unique Jasper QuietTrace™ debugging capability. The VIP also work with our unique Jasper Visualize™ Interactive Debug Environment for early integration of your implementation and the kit and/or rapid protocol customization/extension. The Assertion-Based VIP include reusable “recipes” to explore protocol functionality and intent based on interface events. The protocol-related properties generated support early exploration and verification of protocol specifications, are optimized for formal, and plug seamlessly into the simulation environment.
In the case of Arm® protocols, all of Cadence’s Arm-related Assertion-Based VIP products are Arm certified and optimized for high performance with our formal engines and debug workflow. Each VIP offering works with our Jasper Formal Property Verification (FPV) App to formally prove the embedded properties. As a result, you won’t need to manually write properties. The Assertion-Based VIP also work with many other Jasper Apps. When an Assertion-Based VIP is used with these apps, you can visualize protocol transactions and timing diagrams to understand behaviors of properties as well as design specifications via our Visualize technology.
- Using the Assertion-Based VIP with the Jasper FPV App eases debugging thanks to powerful Visualize technology that displays “live” interesting waveforms. If a counterexample is found, constraints can be added or modified on the fly using Visualize technology.
- QuietTrace technology simplifies the debug process even further, calculating the minimum signal activity needed to describe the behavior in question. This greatly accelerates your exploration and debugging tasks.
- Assertion-Based VIP products are easy to adjust to support cases where you are tailoring and/or only implementing a subset of a given protocol.
- All Assertion-Based VIP products include reusable “recipes” to explore protocol functionality and intent based on interface events.
- The Assertion-Based VIP properties are written in standard IEEE SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA) and are optimized for runtime and memory performance with our formal engines
- Cadence Assertion-Based VIP are available for the following protocols:
Available Assertion-based VIP:
- Arm AMBA® AHB
- Arm AMBA AHB-Lite
- Arm AMBA APB
- Arm AMBA ATB
- Arm AMBA 3 AXI
- Arm AMBA 4 AXI
- Arm AMBA 4 AXI-Lite
- Arm AMBA 4 AXI-Stream
- Arm AMBA AXI ACE
- Arm AMBA AHB5
- Arm AMBA AXI5
- Arm AMBA5 CHI