Length : 2 days
This course, covers modeling, simulation and analysis of parallel bus and serial link systems of high-speed printed circuit boards, using TopXplorer (Topology Explorer) SystemSI Parallel Bus Analysis and Serial Link Analysis software.
In this course, you first use TopXplorer-SystemSI Parallel Bus Analysis II for block-level modeling, simulation and analysis of the pre-routed parallel-bus system. Next, you use TopXplorer SystemSI - Parallel Bus Analysis II for block-level modeling, simulation and analysis of post-routed power-aware parallel-bus systems (including the power-distribution network). Finally, in this course, you use TopXplorer-SystemSI Serial Link Analysis II for block-level modeling, simulation and analysis of post-routed serial-link systems. This course also covers the process of debugging problems, which may arise in using the TopXplorer-SystemSI tools.
- Build block-level topologies of pre and post-routed parallel-bus systems (PBSs) and serial link systems (SLSs) in the TopXplorer-SystemSI Parallel Bus Analysis II and Serial Link - Analysis II tools.
- Generate a W-Element transmission line model to represent the pre-routed parallel bus or serial link interfaces.
- Assign electrical models to the blocks of PBSs and SLSs.
- Connect blocks of PBSs and SLSs, using the model connection protocol (MCP).
- Setup analysis options for circuit/channel simulations of PBSs and channel simulation of SLSs.
- Set voltage and current probe points in PBSs and SLSs.
- Setup sweeping key design parameters defined in the electrical models of interconnects (PCBs and Packages), controller, receiver, transmitter and receiver etc.
- Run simulations or sweep-mode simulations of pre-routed parallel bus systems and post-routed power-aware parallel bus systems.
- Run simulations or sweep-mode simulations of serial link systems, using AMI and IBIS-AMI models for the transmitter and receiver components.
- View simulation generated 2D plots, eye diagrams, BER eye, bathtub, impulse response, ramp response etc.
- Generate simulation-based reports with tables and waveforms.
- Analyze simulation-based results, waveforms and tables to evaluate the power and signal integrity performance of the PBSs and SLSs.
- Use a built-in template with the serial-link system topology consisting of three coupled serial-link channels for simulation-based analysis to explore effects of crosstalk on the primary serial-link channel.
- Apply systematic process, in terms of strategies and solution, to resolve issues, which may arise in using the TopXplorer-SystemSI tools.
Software Used in This Course
- Topology Explorer 17.4
OrCAD/Allegro 17.4 (SPB174); SIGRITY2019
Modules in this Course
Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Simple Parallel Bus Systems
Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Power-Aware Parallel Bus Systems
Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Serial Link Systems
- Debugging Noisy Output Voltage from Parallel Bus System Simulation in TopXplorer-SystemSI
Electrical engineers and PCBdesigners involved with design-oriented modeling, simulation andanalysis of pre-routed and post-routed high-speed parallel busand serial link systems.
You must have a basic understanding of:Power and signal integrity issues in the high-speed parallel bus and serial link systemsTransmission lines, S-parameters and electrical modeling of PCB and IC packagesPrinted circuit board layouts, such as layers, planes, stackup, vias, dielectric constants, conductivity, etc.