Achieve Layout Success with Custom Design
Planner and Design Intent
Software and Version: Virtuoso Layout Pro: T9 Virtuoso Design Planner, v18.1
Duration: 1 Hour
The Design Planner flow is a schematic-driven flow that offers advanced methodology for both mature and advance node layout designs, allowing a seamless layout–place–route capability. The flow is especially useful for designs that have no existing layout views at the top level and the levels below.
What’s Innovative about Design Planner?
• Hierarchical schematic-driven layouts that combine the best of top-down and bottom-up design methodologies while avoiding the shortcomings of both
• Hierarchical visualization that allows you to easily view or hide details on any level, anywhere in your design, to only view what you need, when you need it
• Hierarchical and congestion aware floorplanning and placement that provides automated and assisted productivity
• Hierarchical routing and congestion analysis and much more!
Design Intent promotes better communication between Logic Designers and Layout Designers. In the second part of this webinar, we’ll cover:
• What Design Intent is
• Communication issues
• Context Sensitive options for design intention depending on object(s) chosen
• How Design Intent is transmitted between front end and back end engineers
• Features and what’s included in the reports generated