Length : 2 days
In this course, you use the Spectre® AMS Designer Simulator from the Xcelium™ software suite and the Virtuoso® Analog Design Environment graphical interface to run and analyze the mixed-signal, mixed-language simulations. This is the AMS Designer Virtuoso Use Model (AVUM).
You use the Virtuoso Hierarchy Editor to create design configurations and learn the concept of discipline resolution and explore connect module usage for signals crossing A/D domain boundaries.
In the Virtuoso use model, you run simulations on designs netlisted with the Unified Netlister (UNL) in Virtuoso ADE Explorer using the xrun executable from the Spectre AMS Designer simulator.
You enable the AMSD Flex option that allows you the choice of compatible analog simulators for the chosen digital simulator.
To effectively translate signals between the analog/digital boundary you can select from a set of built-in and user-defined connect rules that apply corresponding connect modules (interface elements) at the boundaries.
The IE card method for specifying connect modules is established and various types of connect modules are discussed.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand discipline resolution in mixed-signal designs
- Apply signal disciplines and learn to use built-in and customized connect rules/connect modules for mixed-signal interface translations
- Enable the AMSD Flexible Matrix (AMS Flex technology) and choose your analog solver
- Use design configurations and learn to use the AMS Unified Netlister along with different analog solvers in the ADE
- Simulate mixed-signal designs with the Spectre AMS Designer simulator and the Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE) using the IE card method.
- Display simulation results in the Virtuoso Visualization and Analysis XL window
- Debug results in SimVision™.
Software Used in This Course
- XLM300 Xcelium Single Core
- 70070 Spectre AMS Designer
- 70060 Spectre AMS Connector
- 95250 Virtuoso ADE Explorer
Xcelium 19.09 and IC 6.1.8 ISR7
Modules in this Course
- Introducing AMS Designer, AMS Flex and the AMS Unified Netlister (UNL)
- Mixed-Signal Simulation Concepts: Discipline Resolution and Connect Modules
- Creating Configurations with the Hierarchy Editor
- Using Spectre AMS Designer in the Virtuoso ADE
- Using Connect Modules Effectively
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Circuit Designers
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Verification Engineers
You must have knowledge of the maestro tool or completed the following courses:
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S1: Set Up and Run Analog Simulations Using the Spectre Simulator
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S2: Analyzing Simulations Using the ViVA XL Waveform Tool
Note: Please talk to your training coordinator for details on how you can tailor this course.