Length : 1 day
This is an Engineer Explorer series course. The Engineer Explorer courses cover advanced topics.
This is a lecture-only class.
Metric Driven Verification or MDV is a powerful layer of Methodology that sits above the Verification Testbench Environment. It provides guidelines and tools for using/analyzing metrics and automation to maximize the benefits of the verification testbench. It is a data-driven decision-based flow that improves the predictability, productivity, and quality of the verification effort.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize current industry verification challenges
- Explore Metric Driven Verification
- Understand how this methodology addresses the current verification challenges
- Understand the different phases of the MDV Methodology Cycle
- Understand what is plan based MDV
- Understand what is testcase driven MDV
- Construct a verification plan or vPlan and run a regression
- Perform plan and metrics analysis
- Perform regression results management
Software Used in This Course
- Incisive 14.1 and above
Incisive_Enterprise_Simulator_XL - 29651
Modules in this Course
- What are the current industry verification challenges?
- What is Metric Driven Verification or MDV?
- How does this address current verification challenges?
- Different phases of the MDV Methodology Cycle
- What is plan based MDV?
- What is testcase driven MDV?
- Planning and regression running
- Analysis and regression results management
- Verification engineers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- Methodology-based verification like a UVM in order to understand MDV
This course, both classroom training or online iLS, is prescribed as a pre-requisite for the MDV vManager course mentioned above.