The System Performance Analyzer is focused on identifying the performance degradation causes within memory subsystems, interconnects, and peripherals of a typical system-on-chip (SoC), which must manage the conflicting performance goals of the various initiators within the system.
The performance goals within the system can be:
- Latency critical, which indicates the SoC must meet the maximum acceptable latency requirements
- Bandwidth critical, which indicates the SoC must meet the minimum acceptable bandwidth requirements
- Real time, which indicates the SoC must meet the maximum acceptable latency and the minimum acceptable bandwidth requirements
The following figure shows the system performance demands on the memory subsystem.
The System Performance Analyzer offers a comprehensive performance analysis for memory subsystems, interconnects, and peripherals with a single view for both simulation and emulation.
The System Performance Analyzer collects and records the transaction information in the System Performance Analyzer database, then the System Performance Analyzer server processes the transactions and presents the Performance Analysis views of the data to determine if the performance behavior of their design meets the criteria of their target application. The performance views are similar for both simulation and emulation environments.
- Enables discovery and debugging of performance degradation within memory subsystems
- Unified analysis across simulation and emulation platforms
- Latest web technology intuitively presents analysis results
- Uses strong, industry-standard database technology for capacity and scalability
- Compliments existing VIP/MM and AVIP/MMP technologies on Cadence® Xcelium™ and Palladium™ platforms for easy deployment
- Includes analysis diagrams for bus utilization, dynamic frequency, and DDR addressing
- Detailed analysis for page Hit/Miss and page utilization
- Visualizes the AMBA-DRAM transaction correlation for easy debugging
For further details, please contact our Cadence System Performance Analyzer experts.