Planar EM Analysis
Cadence® AWR® AXIEM® 3D planar method-of-moments (MoM) electromagnetic (EM) analysis simulator addresses passive structures, transmission lines, large planar antennas, and patch arrays. AWR AXIEM analysis delivers the accuracy, capacity, and speed designers need to characterize and optimize passive components on RF PCBs, modules, LTCCs, MMICs, RFICs, and antennas.
The AXIEM Advantage
Perform in-situ analysis/design verification to fully characterize RF/microwave devices and ensure design success
Proprietary full-wave planar, open-boundary MoM technology provides discrete- and fast-frequency sweeps
Automatic adaptive meshing with advanced-hybrid meshing technology ensures reliable results
Features at a Glance
- Extract – Schematic-driven EM extraction technology/design flow
- Layout/Drawing Editor – 2D and 3D views with shape modifiers/de-featuring
- MoM Solver – Proprietary full-wave planar, open-boundary MoM technology
- Meshing Technology – Automatic advanced-hybrid adaptive meshing
- Sources – Numerous excitation ports
- Visualization – Field visualization, as well as results post-processing
- Parametric Studies – Optimization, tuning, and yield analysis
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) – Multi-core configurations and asynchronous simulation
MMIC/RFIC, PCB, and Module Interconnects
Accurately capture the coupling and parasitic effects of a single critical transmission line or complex network of 3D planar interconnects and identify the source of potential design failures. The advanced-meshing technology addresses large, complex designs.
AWR Technology is also available with Cadence OnCloud Platform
Start using Microwave Expert tools today
Plan and pricing
RF and Microwave design workflows require high-frequency solutions. Utilize the best solutions with powerful, integrated circuit, system, and electromagnetic (EM) software from Cadence.
- Circuit design software for accurate RF/microwave simulation
- 3D planar EM analysis for S-parameter extraction and design verification
- System simulation and modeling for wireless communications and radar systems
90 hours. Named user license.
RF-aware layout, high-frequency models, and a powerful harmonic balance (HB) simulator ensure accurate and fast simulation results for first-pass success.Learn More
AXIEM analysis delivers the accuracy, capacity, and speed designers need to characterize and optimize passive components on RF PCBs, modules, LTCCs, MMICs, RFICs, and antennas.Learn More
Visual System Simulator
Wireless design teams apply behavioral, impedance-aware RF models and baseband signal processing blocks to develop and optimize system architectures and determine component specifications for best overall performance.Learn More
Looking for a Team Solution?
Our tools exist to provide access to solutions at any team and product size. If any of our tools seem right for a larger place in your overall workflow, leave a note for our sales team below.
Search our catalogue of content to find refresher materials, explicit training, and direct answers for any questions you may have.