Planar EM Analysis
Cadence® AWR® AXIEM® 3D planar method-of-moments (MoM) electromagnetic (EM) analysis simulator addresses passive structures, transmission lines, large planar antennas, and patch arrays. AWR AXIEM analysis delivers the accuracy, capacity, and speed designers need to characterize and optimize passive components on RF PCBs, modules, LTCCs, MMICs, RFICs, and antennas.
Perform in-situ analysis/design verification to fully characterize RF/microwave devices and ensure design success
Proprietary full-wave planar, open-boundary MoM technology provides discrete- and fast-frequency sweeps
Automatic adaptive meshing with advanced-hybrid meshing technology ensures reliable results
- Extract – Schematic-driven EM extraction technology/design flow
- Layout/Drawing Editor – 2D and 3D views with shape modifiers/de-featuring
- MoM Solver – Proprietary full-wave planar, open-boundary MoM technology
- Meshing Technology – Automatic advanced-hybrid adaptive meshing
- Sources – Numerous excitation ports
- Visualization – Field visualization, as well as results post-processing
- Parametric Studies – Optimization, tuning, and yield analysis
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) – Multi-core configurations and asynchronous simulation
MMIC/RFIC, PCB, and Module Interconnects
Accurately capture the coupling and parasitic effects of a single critical transmission line or complex network of 3D planar interconnects and identify the source of potential design failures. The advanced-meshing technology addresses large, complex designs.