Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Up to 10X faster than legacy 3D FDTD field solvers while maintaining test -measurement accuracy
- Up to 10X capacity enables true system-level analysis
- Architecture runs on hundreds of CPUs or multiple GPUs optimized for both cloud and on-premises distributed computing
- Easily reads design data from all standard chip, PCB, and IC package platforms and offers unique integration with Cadence implementation platforms
- Imports mechanical structures from all major MCAD tools
The Cadence® Clarity™ 3D Transient Solver is a 3D finite difference time domain (FDTD) electromagnetic (EM) simulation software tool for simulating complex systems and sub-systems. The Clarity Transient 3D Solver lets you tackle the most complex electromagnetic (EM) challenges when designing systems for 5G, automotive, high-performance computing (HPC), and machine learning (ML) applications with test -measurement accuracy.
Industry-leading Cadence distributed multiprocessing technology enables the Clarity 3D Transient Solver to deliver virtually unlimited capacity and 10X speed required to efficiently and effectively address these larger and more complex systems. Reporting is used for electromagnetic compliance (EMC) analysis, susceptibility analysis, antenna placement, biomedical analysis, and other applications.
The Clarity 3D Transient Solver produces results for voltage, current, field distribution, and field animation in the time domain. For frequency domain output, results include specific absorption rate (SAR), near/far field distribution, current distribution, and more.
Save Design Time with Parallelization
Historically, large systems have been analyzed at the sub-system level and results from full-system analysis come from the measurement of prototypes in the lab. No more. We designed the Clarity 3D Transient Solver from the ground up to take advantage of your multi-core compute resources by parallelizing the mathematical tasks required to solve for 3D structures. The tasks can be parallelized within one computer’s cores or across multiple computers, cutting the time to solve for complex structures by 10X and even more.
Industry-leading parallelization technology ensures that simulation tasks can be partitioned and parallelized across as many computers, computer configurations, and cores as are available. The amount of time required to solve is scalable based on the number of computer cores. If a user can double the number of computer cores, performance will be nearly doubled as well.
Cost Savings Solving for 3D Structures with Cloud Infrastructure
Using web-based cloud servers to solve 3D structures can be an alternative to purchasing computing hardware. Instead of choosing large and costly servers, designers using the Clarity 3D Transient Solver can select lower cost cloud-computing resources and still maintain the highest performance. This flexibility can produce considerable savings on the cost of cloud computing expenses when solving for 3D structures.
Complete Design and Analysis Flow
The Clarity 3D Transient Solver is a key component in the Intelligent System Design™ methodology required by advanced electronic product design teams. With a complete design and analysis flow from Cadence, you will be empowered to create reliable and competitive products, deliver on-time and on-budget, and increase your market share.
- Breakthrough parallelization: Allows engineering managers more flexibility when budgeting for computer configurations required for 3D simulation
- Flexibility: Brings test-measurement 3D accuracy analysis to engineers responsible for system-level compliance
- Maximizing resources: No fear of early termination due to computer resources being fully consumed if only a small number of cores is available
- Available to users of all design platforms: Easily reads design data from all standard chip, IC package, and PCB platforms
- Integrated 3D solutions: Easily integrate with Cadence Allegro® Package Designer Plus SiP Layout Option, Virtuoso® environment, and Allegro platforms to optimize in the analysis tool and implement in the design tool without being redrawn
- Model EM interface: Merge mechanical structures such as cables and connectors with their system design and model an EM interface as a single model
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview