- Up to 10X faster than legacy 3D field solvers while maintaining gold-standard accuracy
- Up to 10X capacity enables true 3D model analysis
- Architecture runs on hundreds of CPUs optimized for both cloud and on-premises distributed computing
- Easily reads design data from all standard chip, PCB, and IC package platforms and offers unique integration with Cadence implementation platforms
Cadence® Clarity™ 3D Solver is a 3D electromagnetic (EM) simulation software tool for designing critical interconnects for PCBs, IC packages, and system on IC (SoIC) designs. The Clarity 3D Solver lets you tackle the most complex electromagnetic (EM) challenges when designing systems for 5G, automotive, high-performance computing (HPC), and machine learning applications with gold-standard accuracy.
Industry-leading Cadence distributed multiprocessing technology enables the Clarity 3D Solver to deliver virtually unlimited capacity and 10X speed required to efficiently and effectively address these larger and more complex structures. It creates highly accurate S-parameter models for use in signal integrity (SI), power integrity (PI), and electromagnetic compliance (EMC) analysis, enabling simulation results that match lab measurement, even at 112Gbps+ data transfer speeds. The Clarity 3D Solver can solve the true 3D structure by efficiently matching the available computing resources to the size of the design.
Save Design Time with Parallelization
Historically, large structures have been manually cut up into smaller structures for analysis using the largest and most powerful computing resources. No more. We designed the Clarity 3D Solver from the ground up to take advantage of your multi-core compute resources by parallelizing the mathematical tasks required to solve for 3D structures. The tasks can be parallelized within one computer’s cores or across multiple computers, cutting the time to solve for complex structures by 10X and even more.
Industry-leading parallelization technology ensures that both meshing and frequency sweeping can be partitioned and parallelized across as many computers, computer configurations, and cores as are available. The amount of time required to solve is scalable based on the number of computer cores. If a user can double the number of computer cores, performance will be nearly doubled as well.
Cost Savings Solving for 3D Structures with Cloud Infrastructure
Using web-based cloud servers to solve 3D structures can be an alternative to purchasing computing hardware. Instead of choosing large and costly servers, designers using the Clarity 3D Solver can select lower cost cloud-computing resources and still maintain the highest performance. This flexibility can produce considerable savings on the cost of cloud computing expenses when solving for 3D structures.
Complete Design and Analysis Flow
The Clarity 3D Solver is a key component in the intelligent system design methodology required by advanced electronic product design teams. With a complete design and analysis flow from Cadence, you will be empowered to create reliable and competitive products, deliver on-time and on-budget, and increase your market share.
- Enhanced usability: Automatically matches computing resources available to the structure being solved, so 3D experts and non-3D experts can get accurate results in a timely manner
- Breakthrough parallelization: Allows engineering managers more flexibility when budgeting for computer configurations required for 3D simulation
- Flexibility: Brings true 3D analysis to any engineer with either desktop, on- premises, or cloud HPC resources
- Maximizing resources: No fear of early termination due to computer resources being fully consumed if only a small number of cores is available
- Available to users of all design platforms: Easily reads design data from all standard chip, IC package, and PCB platforms
- Integrated 3D solutions: Easily integrate with Cadence Allegro® Package Designer Plus SiP Layout Option, Virtuoso®, and Allegro platforms to optimize in the analysis tool and implement in the design tool without being redrawn
- Model EM interface: Merge mechanical structures such as cables and connectors with their system design and model an EM interface as a single model
With the Cadence Clarity 3D Solver, we can achieve the necessary accuracy in a fraction of the time it has previously taken. This has opened up a new era of analysis possibilities for us since we can now run dozens of simulations in the time it has previously taken to run one.
Rick Burns, vice president of engineering, Semiconductor Test Division at Teradyne
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview