Once upon a time, PCB designers were draftsman. The measure of their craft was twofold—quality of lines and speed of completion. But designs have changed, and so have designers. They've adapted to increasingly complex designs. And their tools have evolved, too.
The best PCB designers call upon years of experience to produce something that has never been done before. No longer is productivity the sole measure of their craft. Now, they're solving problems. And for those complex problems, the payoff makes it worth investing in better designers.
Engineering Insights While Designing
Board design is the final realization of all the theory that comes before. Pulling electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing analysis into the design tool frees the designer to find creative and innovative solutions to complex product design challenges.
Make Informed Engineering Decisions Based on Live In-Design Feedback
Timing is everything. Information too early is a distraction, and information too late is a curse. Designers need to keep an eye out for mechanical, physical, and manufacturing issues before they become problems. Real-time visual feedback helps designers see what is otherwise invisible, so they can make informed decisions and meet PCB design guidelines.
See Through High-Speed Signal Challenges
You’re not going to overcome new product design challenges by following the old rules. Advanced signal integrity simulation and analysis defines new timing and length rules unique to specific designs. Design rule-based visual cues on the canvas guide your team’s expert engineers through the latest routing techniques and strategies to make it easy to conquer high-speed signal challenges and dense boards.
Complete Difficult Routes Faster, Better
Somewhere between a tedious manual process and a clumsy automated process is managed automation. A controlled automation that works within the confines set by the designer to follow unique rules derived from simulation and analysis. Team-based concurrent auto-interactive routing makes it possible to control the direction and maintain creative control while connecting the dots.
- Follow Constraints: Meet engineering goals by visualizing design constraints in real time
- Customized Productivity: Configure and customize your design workflow and design tools for your unique needs
- Design Reuse: Create designs faster and with fewer errors using proven design content and IP
- Improve Yield: Ease new product introduction (NPI) with real-time design for manufacturability rule checks
- 3D ECAD/MCAD Integration: Seamlessly bring shapes and objects into the engineering domain to verify fit
- Front-to-Back Integration: Maintain connectivity when bringing schematic designs into the physical design world