Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Transistor-level power grid and signal net EMIR accuracy, performance, and accuracy by Cadence Spectre simulator and its patented, voltage-based, iterated matrix-solving technology
- Foundry enablement and certification on EM rules and IR-drop accuracy on advanced FinFET and FD-SOI nodes
- Seamless integration in Cadence Virtuoso Digital Implementation platform for highly efficient analog/mixed-signal EMIR analysis, debug, and fixing
- Comprehensive, single path in the Virtuoso flow from Cadence Physical Verification System/Assura DRC/LVS to Quantus Extraction Solution to Virtuoso ADE/Spectre EMIR, Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution, and Virtuoso Layout Suite
- Power-grid view macro model generation for top-level, full-chip Voltus tool power signoff
Cadence® Voltus™-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution is a transistor-level electromigration and IR-drop (EMIR) tool that delivers foundry-certified SPICE-level accuracy in power signoff.
EMIR presents unique challenges at the transistor level, from complex EM rules to the high costs of simulating for current on a large RC network at post-layout. Enabled via an integration with our Spectre® Accelerated Parallel Simulator signoff SPICE simulation solution, Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution shortens power signoff closure and analysis through:
- Our patented voltage-based iteration method, which calls for a smaller memory footprint and runs faster than the industry's traditional current-based iteration method. In the first stage, a RC reduced simulation is run to collect the voltage profile at tap device points. Then, the collected profile is applied to the entire RC network to simulate all sub-node states for voltage/current and to generate EMIR reports.
- Integration with our Virtuoso® platform, providing a single design flow for better productivity in the analog and custom block EMIR signoff process
- Integration with Voltus IC Power Integrity Solution, resulting in a seamless flow for advanced analog/mixed-signal power signoff for designs that have mixed transistor-level and cell-level blocks
Fastest Design Closure Flow
The combined use of Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution and Voltus IC Power Integrity Solution, tightly integrated with several other Cadence tools, provides the industry's fastest design closure flow.
- Get a unified electrical signoff flow with Cadence Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution and our Quantus™ Extraction Solution
- Bring power grid design to the early stage of physical implementation with an early rail analysis capability via the Cadence Innovus™ Implementation System
- Get accurate IC power integrity analysis, driven by real-world power simulation vectors, with Cadence Palladium® technology
- Benefit from chip-package-PCB co-simulation and analysis with Cadence Allegro® Sigrity® technology
By incorporating the Cadence Voltus-Fi Custom Power Integrity Solution into our design flow, Phison engineers have been able to find design weaknesses such as potential voltage drop and electromigration failures, preventing costly silicon re-spins.
Aw Yong Chee Kong, President, Phison Electronics
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview