SAN JOSE, Calif., 10 Oct 2016
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS), today announced the release of 10 new Verification IP (VIP) solutions that allow engineers to quickly verify that designs meet specifications for the latest standard protocols. This extension of Cadence’s leading VIP portfolio supports growth in high-bandwidth applications including video on demand, cloud computing, big data and high resolution video used in the automotive, mobile, enterprise networking and consumer industries. Cadence® VIP supports all verification languages and any simulator or methodology. For more information on Cadence’s VIP portfolio, visit www.cadence.com/go/10vip.
“By providing the VIP and tools needed for customers to design to the newest Ethernet standards, Cadence helps expand the Ethernet ecosystem, enabling new products from new industries to enter the market,” said John D’Ambrosia, chairman of the Ethernet Alliance.
The new VIP solutions are for the following standard protocols:
- Ethernet 400G -- The highest performance Ethernet standard critical for enterprise networking to support the increasing bandwidth needs of video on demand, cloud computing and big data applications.
- Ethernet TSN -- A new set of specifications ideal for low-latency applications, such as real-time audio/video streaming, that require time-sensitive communication necessary in automotive and industrial automation. Cadence will be the first in the industry to support this specification.
- SPI NAND and Octal SPI -- Critical new memory protocols for automotive and industrial applications that provide higher density performance with the same footprint as previous generations.
- UFS 2.1 -- Improves data security through the use of inline cryptography between the SoC and UFS Storage device.
- USB Type-C -- Enables power delivery, alternate modes and high-speed data over a single connector for consumer and mobile applications.
- DisplayPort (1.3, 1.4) and Embedded DisplayPort (eDP 1.4a, 1.4b) -- For 8K resolution and scaling at reduced power envelopes for consumer and mobile applications.
- Display Stream Compression (DSC) -- Enables real-time, visually lossless image compression for consumer and mobile applications.
- MIPI DSI-2 -- For a high-speed, low-power-consumption interface between a peripheral and a host for consumer applications.
- MIPI CSI-2 2.0 -- For a high-speed, robust, scalable, low-power and cost-effective camera interface that supports a wide range of imaging for mobile applications.
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products and its services is available at www.cadence.com.
For more information, please contact:
© 2016 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, the Cadence logo and the other Cadence marks found at www.cadence.com/go/trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.