The schematic-driven Design Planner flow in the Virtuoso® 18.1 release offers advanced methodology for both mature and advanced-node layout designs, allowing a seamless layout–place–route capability. The flow is especially useful for designs that have no existing layout views at the top level and the levels below.
What’s innovative about Design Planner?
- Hierarchical schematic-driven layouts that combine the best of top-down and bottom-up design methodologies while avoiding the shortcomings of both
- Hierarchical visualization that allows you to easily view or hide details on any level, anywhere in your design, to only view what you need, when you need it
- Hierarchical and congestion aware floorplanning and placement that provides automated and assisted productivity
- Hierarchical routing and congestion analysis and much more!
In the second part of this webinar, we’ll focus on the Design Intent feature which promotes better communication between logic designers and layout designers. We’ll cover:
- What Design Intent is
- Communication issues
- Context-sensitive options for design intention depending on object(s) chosen
- How Design Intent is transmitted between front-end and back-end engineers
- Features and what’s included in the generated reports
Join Cadence Education Services and Senior Principal Education Application Engineers Baby Ravi and Bill Cambouris for our free one-hour webinar!
Date and Time
Tuesday, December 10, 08:30 GMT / 09:30 CET / 14:00 IST / 16:30 CST
To register for the "Achieve Layout Success with Custom Design Planner and Design Intent" webinar, use the REGISTER button and sign in with your email and Cadence password. Then select Request to register for the session. Once registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing all log-in details.
- Registration closes Monday, December 09.
- Space is limited for this webinar—if you register, please plan on attending.
For questions and inquiries, or issues with registration, reach out to us:
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa: email@example.com
- India: Vishwanath K: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asia Pacific: Cathy Li: email@example.com
To view our complete training offerings, visit the Education Services website.