Cadence Women in Technology Scholarship Program
Cadence is committed to building a culture that fosters inclusion and embraces diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. Our internship program and relationships with key universities are a critical part of our strategy to increase and support diversity. To further support this mission, we are offering the Cadence Women in Technology Scholarship for eligible female students and interns.
We are now accepting applicants for the 2021-2022 academic year, apply here!
Before filling out the application, please carefully review the criteria below.
Scholarship recipients will be selected to receive a $5,000 scholarship, subject to applicable taxes that the recipient will be responsible for. Funds may be used on an unrestricted basis. This is a one-time scholarship.
The applicant must:
- Identify as female
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited university in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in the United States or Canada for the 2021-2022 academic year, pursuing:
- Computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion in technology
To apply, applicants must submit the following information and documents by October 11, 2021:
- Completed online application questionnaire
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, instructors, and/or advisors
- After submitting the application, applicants will be able to generate link for the reference to upload letters.
- Academic transcript from a current university (official copy will be required if selected)
Before you apply, you will need to prepare responses to the following questions:
- List any academic awards or recognitions in technology that you have received (Limit 600 words)
- Describe a technical project that you have pursued at school or in your free time that you are very passionate about (Limit 600 words)
- How have you or how would you like to advance women in technology? (Limit 600 words)
Please submit your application using the link below. Past applicants are encouraged to reapply; however, past recipients of a Cadence Scholarship are not eligible to apply. For any questions regarding the scholarship or application, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cadence iLS courses, laboratories, and Rapid Adoption Kits have been tremendously useful in rapidly improving my research team and student skill set in electronic design automation. I strongly recommend using the iLS tools if you want to effectively improve your EDA and digital design skill set.
Dr. Matthew Morrison, Assistant Professor, University of Mississippi
Cadence is a leader in supporting technical and professional activities that have enabled building an EDA community. ACM SIGDA is very appreciative of the their continued support to nurture young professionals and students through sustained support of activities at major EDA conferences.
Dr. Vijaykrishnan Narayanan, ACM SIGDA Chair, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
We are grateful for the engagement with Cadence over the past 10 years. It has led us to innovative breakthroughs and has helped us educate pioneering scholars for the future workforce in EDA.
Dr. Xin Li Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Duke University
Cadence Academic Network support is the key to enabling our capabilities in innovating integrated circuit and system design with extreme energy/power efficiency. The quality of Cadence tools is outstanding and offers responsive support to address the challenges posed by new design methodologies and techniques.
Prof. Massimo Alioto, IEEE Fellow Director of the Integrated Circuit and Embedded Systems Lab, National University of Singapore
The greatest benefit that we get from the Cadence Academic Network is access to the most modern tools for electronic design automation.
Professor Ulrich Bruening, University of Heidelberg, Germany
The Academic Network helps us to be in line with the newest technology from Cadence, helping my research to stay at the leading edge.
Professor Michael Huebner, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
The comprehensive reach of the Cadence Academic Network has help us cover every aspect of design from analog circuitry to digital and system design, so it is extremely useful for us.
Professor Mladen Berekovic, Braunschweig University of Technology
Cadence has made us confident in our work, because we know that we are instructing students in the most modern and capable tools which are used worldwide.
Professor Marek Wójcikowski, Gdansk University, Poland
We are proud to be part of Cadence Academic Network because it provides us the opportunity to interact with other leading institutions covering a broad range of research topics.
Professor Holger Blume, Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany