Cadence is committed to building a culture that fosters inclusion and embraces diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. Our internship program and relationships with key universities are a critical part of our strategy to increase and support diversity. To further support this mission, we are offering the Cadence scholarships for eligible students and interns. Applications for the 2022 - 2023 program are now open:
Women in Technology
Black Students in Technology
Latinx Students in Technology
Scholarship recipients will be selected to receive a $5,000 scholarship, subject to applicable taxes that the recipient will be responsible for. Funds may be used on an unrestricted basis. This is a one-time scholarship.
The applicant must:
- Identify as female, Black/African-American, and/or Latinx/Hispanic
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited university in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in the United States or Canada for the 2022-2023 academic year, pursuing:
- Computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion in technology
To apply, applicants must submit the following information and documents by Monday, October 10, 2022, at 11:59pm:
- Completed online application questionnaire
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, instructors, and/or advisors
- After submitting the application, applicants will be able to generate a link for the reference to upload letters.
- Academic transcript from a current university (official copy may be required if selected)
Before you apply, you will need to prepare responses to the following questions:
- List any academic awards or recognitions in technology that you have received. Also name any relevant technology/engineering societies or clubs you are a part of.
- Describe a technical project that you pursued at school or in your free time that you are very passionate about. (Limit 600 words)
- Describe your most impactful leadership experience (technical or non-technical). (Limit 600 words)
- Describe the challenges you have faced pursuing your chosen field of study and how have you overcome those challenges? (Limit 600 words)
- Optional – describe anything you may be doing today to advance underrepresented groups in technology?
For any questions regarding the scholarship or application, please email email@example.com.