Length : 1/2 day
In this course, you analyze the various methods to create a Modgen, modify the default Modgen settings, and route a Modgen using the Structured Router. You define the Cell Type Attribute, configure the Physical Hierarchy, generate and place the blocks with the Floorplanner, edit Level-1 Objects, use the Pin Optimizer, use the Pin Alignment, and create Feedthrough Terminal Pins.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Set up and run Module Generator
- Set up and run Floorplanner
- Use the enhanced Modgen features (Optional Appendix)
- Set up and run Top-Down Floorplanning (Optional Appendix)
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Layout Suite XL/GXL
- IC 6.1.7
Modules in this Course
- Module Generator
- Modgen Enhancements (Optional Appendix)
- Top-Down Floorplanning (Optional Appendix)
- Layout Design Engineers
- Layout CAD Managers
- IC Designers
- Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Designers
- Analog IC Designers
- Custom Circuit Designers
- Chip Designers
You must have:
- Experience with layout design.
- Knowledge of schematic symbols and MOS devices.
- A basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
Or you must have completed the following courses:
Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T1 Environment and Basic Commands (L)
Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T2 Create and Edit Commands (L)
Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T3 Basic Commands (XL)
Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T4 Advanced Commands (XL)
Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T5 Interactive Routing (XL)
Virtuoso® Layout Pro: T6 Constraint-Driven Flow and Power Routing (XL/GXL)