Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Eliminates misrepresentations that lead to bug escapes
- Provides rapid environment construction, scalability, and reuse
- Automates test generation with up to 5X faster runtime
Cadence® Specman® Elite automates testbench generation and reuse, providing multi-language support and an advanced debug option. The tool supports industry-standard verification languages and is compatible with the Open Verification Methodology (OVM), the Universal Verification Methodology (UVM), and the eReuse Methodology (eRM), so you can quickly and easily integrate it with established verification flows. It also provides an environment for working with, compiling, and debugging testbench environments written in the e language.
Cadence Specman Elite uses executable specifications and designer-specified constraints to automate testbench generation, while simultaneously detecting misrepresentations of the specification. Its automated data and assertion checking speeds debug, while its functional coverage analysis capability drives verification using the metric-driven verification methodology. With automated testbench generation, you can boost verification productivity at block, chip, and system levels.
The Cadence Specman Elite hardware verification language is supported on industry-standard simulators. As with other languages and standards, the Incisive Enterprise Simulator native compiler for IEEE 1647 e language provides superior runtime performance, multi-language support including Accellera UVM-ML OA, and advanced debug capabilities.
Specman Advanced Option
Available as an add-on to Cadence Enterprise Specman simulator, the Specman Advanced Option combines dynamic loading and reseeding techniques (both available in e) to greatly boost verification and debug productivity. You can run a simulation up to a certain point, save its state, and resume it in multiple processes later on. You can restore simulation states and reseed them to increase coverage, and also dynamically load new files after restoring to guide future results.
Bypassing lengthy start-up functionality, the Specman Advanced Option allows you to quickly locate the most meaningful portion of your simulations; achieve higher functional coverage; reduce test development and debug cycles; reduce regression runs; and save hundreds of simulation hours.
- Captures executable specifications to eliminate misrepresentations that lead to bug escapes
- Leverages the e language’s unique aspect-oriented programming (AOP) capabilities for rapid environment construction, scalability, and reuse
- The “IntelliGen” AOP constraint solver automates test generation with up to 5X faster runtime, unprecedented distribution control, and scalability for more than 1 billion logic gate devices
- Automates data and assertion checking for faster debug
- Tracks industry-standard coverage metrics (functional, transactional, HDL) for higher verification quality
- Supports a proven metric-driven verification solution that applies UVM-MS for digital-centric mixed-signal verification to achieve first-pass success
- Creates reusable sequences and multi-channel virtual sequences on top of an e verification environment
- Comprehensive language support includes e, Open Verification Library (OVL), OVM class library, UVM class library, SystemC, SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL, PSL, SVA, C/C++ models, MATLAB models, and analog models in Verilog-A, VHDL-A, wreal, and SPICE
- Works with all major simulators, with a high-speed direct kernel interface when used inside Incisive Enterprise Simulator
SystemVerilog is not just an extended version of Verilog. While the naming was successful, it's actually a new object-oriented language. More than two-thirds of the [SystemVerilog] language is actually something new. Designers have to learn what object-oriented is all about.
Michael Blech, PMC
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview