Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Complete, scalable technology for FPGA/PCB co-design for ideal correct-by-construction pin assignment
- Scalable FPGA/PCB co-design solution from OrCAD Capture to Allegro GXL
- Shorter time for optimum initial pin assignment accelerates PCB design schedules
The Cadence® Allegro® FPGA System Planner offers a complete, scalable technology for FPGA/PCB co-design that allows users to create an ideal correct-by-construction pin assignment. FPGA pin assignment is synthesized automatically based on user-specified, interface-based connectivity, FPGA device pin assignment rules, and placement of FPGAs on the PCB. With automatic pin-assignment synthesis, users avoid manual error-prone processes while shortening the time to create initial pin assignment that accounts for FPGA placement on the PCB. This unique placement-aware pin assignment approach eliminates unnecessary physical design iterations that are inherent in manual approaches while shortening the design cycle time.
By enabling placement-aware pin-assignment synthesis—which is FPGA device rules accurate—the Allegro FPGA System Planner offers a unique set of capabilities for FPGA/PCB co-design. It provides a floorplan view to place components in the FPGA system and allows users to specify connectivity between components within the FPGA subsystem at a higher level through interface definitions. With its placement-aware pin-assignment synthesis, the Allegro FPGA System Planner enables users to explore their FPGA-based architecture and to create an optimum correct-by-construction pin assignment for either production or prototype designs that use FPGAs.
- Accelerates integration of FPGAs with Cadence PCB design creation environments
- Eliminates unnecessary, frustrating design iterations during the PCB layout process
- Eliminates unnecessary physical prototype iterations due to FPGA pin assignment errors
- Reduces PCB layer count through placement-aware pin assignment and optimization
- Enables interface-based connectivity definition for the FPGA system
- Enables placement-aware pin assignment synthesis that is FPGA-DRC accurate
- Allows architectural exploration for FPGA system
- Speeds ASIC prototyping using FPGAs
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview