Length : 1 day
The Xcelium Fault Simulator is part of an end-to-end flow that includes the Functional Safety Verification capability in the Cadence® vManager™ safety solution, allowing for seamless reuse of functional and mixed-signal verification environments to accelerate the time to develop safety verification. The Xcelium Fault Simulator operates within the Xcelium™ Simulator compiled engine, boosting instrumentation performance significantly over the traditional Verifault-XL engine. This course explains the Xcelium Fault Simulator tool in detail and further demonstrates with examples and labs how this tool could be used to:
- Invoke the elaborator and instrument faults according to a fault specification.
- Run a good simulation to generate reference values for fault simulation.
- Additionally, you can specify strobe points to monitor explicit signals.
- Run one or more fault simulations with faults injected.
- Analyze the generated verbose reports.
In this course, you will
- Explore Functional Safety Technology: its importance, especially in the Auto industry
- Explore Functional Safety Standard ISO 26262: various relevant parts of this standard with respect to Xcelium Fault Simulation
- Apply the Cadence Xcelium Fault Simulation or XFS solution: apply this solution through lab exercises to achieve Functional Safety
Software Used in This Course
- X490 Xcelium Safety
Modules in this Course
- Overview of Cadence Software – XFS Solution
- What Is Functional Safety?
- Functional Safety Standard ISO 26262 – A Brief Overview
- Xcelium Fault Simulator (XFS)
- Different Faults and Fault Metrics
- Elaboration and Fault Specification
- Serial Fault Campaign
- Fault Strobing
- Concurrent Fault Campaign
- Reporting on Simulation
- Verification Engineers
Before taking this course, you need to have taken the following course:
You need to have:
- Knowledge of basic Functional Verification concepts
- Knowledge of creating testcases for running simulations and similar concepts
- Experience with running simulations using the Xcelium simulator
- SystemVerilog for Design and Verification
- Xcelium Simulator
- Metric-Driven Verification using Cadence vManager