Length : 1/2 day
This course is taught as half day session (4 hours)
This course introduces you to the maestro cellview in IC 617 and the Virtuoso ADE Explorer tool that uses it. You set up and run simulations on analog designs. You use design variables in your setup, sweep system parameters and run simulations on a single testbench, using Spectre as the simulator, and view results in the ViVA XL waveform viewer.
This course is part of the Virtuoso ADE Explorer Series of courses:
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S1: Set Up and Run Analog Simulations Using the Spectre Simulator
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S2: Analyzing Simulations Using the ViVA XL Waveform Tool
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S3: Corner Analysis and Monte Carlo Simulations
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S4: Real-Time Tuning, Checks/Asserts, and Reliability Analysis
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Start the Virtuoso ADE Explorer tool and create maestro cellviews in IC 617.
- Set up varied analysis (dc, ac, transient) on a single test.
- Work with design variables and device parameters.
- Run simulations using the Spectre simulator.
- Display simulation results in the Virtuoso Visualization and Analysis (ViVA) XL waveform window.
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Schematic Editor
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer
- Virtuoso Visualization & Analysis XL
- Virtuoso ADE Assembler
IC 6.1.7 ISR4 and SPECTRE161
Modules in this Course<
- The Virtuoso Design Environment (Optional)
- Introducing the Virtuoso ADE Explorer
- Analog Simulation Setup and Details
Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- Analog/mixed signal design concepts
- Analyzing design schematics