Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Create new standards-compliant libraries in a fraction of the time
- Realize the dream of a unified component library by synchronizing your ECAD and MCAD libraries
- Quickly and easily retarget your libraries for different technologies
- TÜV SÜD “Fit for Purpose – TCL1” certified to meet ISO 26262 automotive functional safety requirements
The Cadence® Allegro® ECAD-MCAD Library Creator helps your team improve the quality and accuracy of the library. Connect your ECAD and MCAD libraries to make sure you have a complete picture of all your components. With 2D footprints and 3D models complete and in sync, your time can be spent less on creating libraries, and more on design.
You can reduce component library creation time for new packages by 60-80%. Designers can choose from thousands of detailed 3D package models in the provided repository, create new packages from over 100 provided parametric templates, or leverage existing 3D models directly. Further, the Allegro ECAD-MCAD Library Creator automatically extracts and leverages geometric details from existing 3D models, dramatically reducing time and increasing accuracy when creating footprints.
The Allegro ECAD footprints can be validated against existing 3D models to ensure consistency. When a 3D model isn’t available, one can be intelligently selected from the included library of thousands of STEP models. By connecting the ECAD and MCAD worlds, you’re able to improve your design process, shorten design time, and reduce the need for physical prototypes.
Use the automated footprint generation and parametric templates with the Allegro ECAD-MCAD Library Creator to create multiple variations of components. Easily make complete new libraries for flex, different standards, and manufacturing processes simply by applying new target-specific rules to existing ones.
Automotive TCL1 Certified for ISO 26262
The industry’s first PCB design and verification flow to achieve “Fit for Purpose - Tool Confidence Level 1 (TCL1)” certification enables you to meet stringent ISO 26262 automotive safety requirements. The flow includes everything from design authoring to simulation to physical realization and verification using the PSpice®, Allegro, and OrCAD® product suites. The high-performance design entry, simulation, and layout editing tools provide an integrated environment for design engineers to validate the safety specifications against individual circuit specifications for design confidence. For information on the safety manuals, Tool Confidence Analysis (TCA) documents, and compliance reports from TÜV SÜD, download the Functional Safety Documentation Kits through Cadence Online Support.
- Automatically generate packages from templates and existing 3D models
- Rule and template editor for customization
- Native support for MCAD 3D models
- Improve library accuracy by verifying ECAD footprints with 3D models
- Augment existing ECAD libraries with 3D models from the repository using automated search and coordinate system alignment
- Native support for populating PTC Creo and Siemens NX MCAD libraries, STEP for other MCAD vendors
- Reuse existing library models in future designs to reduce design time
- Create variations of your libraries for different standards, flex, HDI, and alternate solder processes in days instead of months
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of your library with automatic checks and validations
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview