- Automate hours of manual work in RF and RFIC module design for 5G air interfaces, verifying RF blocks in a single environment across IC, package, and board design
- Maximize 5G air interface power and linearity with mixed-signal solutions and partner ecosystem
- Quickly integrate proven Tensilica IP for 5G baseband precoding/combining and control
- Utilize Cadence Photonic Solution and Lumerical partnership to speed optical fronthaul design
- Minimize the footprint and cost of C-RAN baseband and edge computing
- Emulation with TCAM and tester support
5G performance goals challenge the communications industry, with specific demands resulting from use of the millimeter wave (mmWave) radio frequency spectrum for both handsets and infrastructure. Designs need several system architecture changes to enable 5G, such as C-RAN, edge computing in backhaul, and optical fronthaul. The 5G vision includes very high data rates, very high connected-device count, very low latency, very high reliability and security, and long battery life.
5G combines fixed, mobile, optical, microwave, and IP transport technologies to deliver ultra-dense, high-capacity, low-latency connectivity. The integration of macro and small cell sites with software-defined, cloud-native architectures promises a new level of network flexibility that enables operators to deliver on-demand capacity in support of use cases with highly variable network and spectral requirements.
Network convergence also applies to the connections between remote radioheads and basestations (fronthaul) and basestations and the core network (backhaul).
Cadence 5G Solutions
Cadence can help you deliver the technological innovations needed to build the 5G network:
- Design and verify complex designs with high-speed interfaces and demanding security requirements
- Analyze multi-fabric chip/package/board designs
- Manage long SoC development schedules and minimize the risk of re-spins
- Extend the battery life with low-power design techniques
With the most extensive portfolio of capabilities for creating high-complexity electronic-centric systems, Cadence is an ideal partner for your next 5G communications program, whether you are designing SoCs on the most advanced nodes, RF chips, power ICs, transceivers, packages, or PCBs.