Cadence Strategy: System Design Enablement
Cadence’s goal is to empower engineers at semiconductor and systems companies to create innovative, highly differentiated electronic products that transform the way people live, work, and play. Our customers are under extreme pressure to deliver new products faster and more efficiently than ever before. And the pressure, over the years, will just get more intense as the new products get much more complex.
To succeed in their highly competitive markets, our customers need to develop new systems with unique features that stand out in the marketplace. This is why so many systems companies now are developing their own specialized chips rather than purchasing them from semiconductor companies. If they use the same chips as their competitors, they won’t have an advantage in the marketplace.
Systems companies use the basic tenets of System Design Enablement to design everything from the software down to physical chip design. Now semiconductor companies also are paying attention to the entire system, providing their customers with a much more systems-oriented solution.
System Design Enablement Guides Everything We Do
Our System Design Enablement strategy guides everything we do to help our customers succeed. It guides our product development, the expertise and services we offer our customers, and the partnerships we develop with other industry leaders.
To really understand what our customers need, we have a three-pronged approach to System Design Enablement:
- We develop internal expertise on the demanding requirements of the most important end markets so we can intelligently work with the leading systems companies in those areas.
- We work directly with leading systems companies to develop products to meet their upcoming requirements.
- We partner with other industry leaders, including software companies, to provide comprehensive integrated solutions.
We’ve had great learning experiences as we’ve worked through this strategy, and we’ve made significant improvements to our products and services. You can learn more about some of the markets we’re actively engaged in by going to our solutions pages on automotive electronics, photonics, aerospace and defense, mixed-signal design, ARM®-based solutions, 3D-IC design, low-power design, and advanced-node design.
Examples of System Design Enablement Innovations Driven by Our Customers
The results of this teamwork with systems companies can easily be demonstrated by advancements made within the last few years:
- We partner with MathWorks to provide system-level simulation solutions for mixed-signal IoT and automotive applications
- We partner with hundreds of software, silicon, and hardware companies to provide comprehensive IP solutions
- Our Protium™ S1 FPGA-Based Prototyping Platform speeds early firmware development and debug
- Our Palladium® Z1 Enterprise Emulation Platform accelerates the verification of SoCs, subsystems, and IP blocks, as well as system-level validation
- Our library of configurable and pre-designed IP speeds chip design by allowing your team to drop in ready-made components
- Both of our board-level software products OrCAD® and Allegro® are continually enhanced with more capabilities for system-level analysis
- Our field application engineering team is dedicated to making every customer engagement a huge success, and works closely with each customer as they adopt our technologies
- We offer online and hands-on training classes around the world
This is just a sampling of the successful execution of our System Design Enablement strategy. We help engineers look at the high-level issues that drive major implementation decisions.
We provide a broad portfolio that focuses not just on SoC development but also on the design, integration, analysis, and verification of system-level components including packaging, boards, software, and system-level IP. We consider how these tie into the mechanical and thermal aspects of the system, and expand our ecosystem partnerships accordingly.
We believe that giving our customers a systems-level perspective throughout the design cycle pays off in faster and better design, shorter verification cycles, software that works with the hardware, and new product leadership.
Our Customers Tell the Story
The renewal of many of our customer contracts and our customers’ decisions to make new purchases from us are dependent upon our success with our System Design Enablement strategy. We’re pleased that so many of our customers are delighted to provide stories to highlight what Cadence tools, hardware, and IP have done for their success.
See the full library of customer success testimonials.