SAN JOSE, Calif., 15 Mar 2016
- Collaborating on enabling Cadence implementation, signoff analysis and electrical/thermal tools for TSMC InFO technology
- Integrated design flow across IC and package platforms can reduce overall design turnaround time and ease integration of multiple dies
Under the expanded collaboration, the companies are working together on the InFO design flow which includes the following Cadence® implementation, signoff and electrical/thermal tools:
- Physical Verification System: Includes advanced technologies and rule decks to support design rule checking (DRC), layout versus schematic (LVS), in-design rule checking and inter-die DRC/LVS
- Cadence System-in-Package (SiP) Layout: Supports all popular package interconnect and assembly methodologies and provides a complete constraint- and rules-driven substrate layout environment, including full 3D design visualization, verification and editing capabilities
- Sigrity™ IC package analysis and 3D modeling: Provides a complete solution for assessment and modeling of IC packages and is comprised of industry-leading Sigrity technologies that enable signal- and Power Delivery Network (PDN)-performance assessment, 2D and 3D analysis, electrical model extraction and signoff report generation for IC packages
- Voltus™ IC Power Integrity Solution: Cell-level power integrity tool that supports comprehensive electromigration and IR-drop (EM/IR) design rules and requirements while providing full-chip system-on-chip (SoC) power signoff accuracy
"The InFO design flow is an example of another important collaboration between Cadence and TSMC that our customers appreciate and benefit from," said Steve Durrill, senior product engineering group director at Cadence. "We are continuing to work together to develop the seamlessly integrated implementation and signoff InFO solution so designers can meet increasingly tight market windows as they target TSMC's most advanced manufacturing processes."
"The current InFO advanced wafer-level packaging technology provides cost-effective system scaling to increase system bandwidth," said Suk Lee, TSMC senior director, Design Infrastructure Marketing Division. "We are working closely with Cadence to provide additional benefits to our joint customers with faster design turnaround time due to the smooth integration of signoff analysis tools."
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products and its services is available at www.cadence.com.
For more information, please contact: