Length :2 day
This course introduces you to the maestro cellview in IC 617 and the Virtuoso ADE Explorer tool that uses it. You set up and run simulations on analog designs. You use design variables in your setup, sweep system parameters and run simulations on a single testbench, using Spectre as the simulator, and view results in the ViVA XL waveform viewer.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Start the Virtuoso ADE Explorer tool and create maestro cellviews in IC 617.
- Set up varied analysis (dc, ac, transient) on a single test.
- Work with design variables and device parameters.
- Run simulations using the Spectre simulator.
- Display simulation results in the Virtuoso Visualization and Analysis (ViVA) XL waveform window.
- Use the Virtuoso Visualization & Analysis XL tool to view simulation results in the waveform viewer
- Use the graph tool as an integrated assistant in the Virtuoso ADE Explorer
- Work with the plotting and measurement options available in ViVA XL that aid in extracting information from simulated data
- Use graph and trace attributes to customize and personalize the waveform display
- Use markers and cursors to precisely measure time points and signal values
- Use the Results Browser to select signal values in multiple result directories
- Create tables to display multiple results or signals that vary with simulation parameters
- Use the calculator in ViVA XL to create expressions and use available functions to evaluate the required information from the simulation results
- Use the built-in functions available in the Direct Plot form
- Use PVT-related information to create design corners
- Import and export design corners
- Run simulations across design corners
- Specify Monte Carlo run options.
- Apply specific mismatch variations
- Run Monte Carlo analysis
- Auto-stop your Monte Carlo run based on target yield
- Plot Histograms and print statistical parameters
- Edit your variables and parameters without affecting actual setup using the Real-Time Tuning assistant in the ADE Explorer
- Run a single simulation and dynamically fine-tune results to see updated values
- Perform circuit and device checks using the
- Checks/Asserts assistant in the ADE Explorer
- Add violation filters to visualize metrics for circuit checks
- Import Spectre assert statements from text files to include them in the netlist
- Specify options for reliability analysis
- Use native Spectre and the RelXpert reliability simulator to run simulations
- View and analyze reliability simulation data
- Generate the reliability aged netlist to view degradation data
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Schematic Editor
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer
- Virtuoso Visualization & Analysis XL
- Virtuoso ADE Assembler
- Spectre® Circuit Simulator
- Virtuoso RelXpert
IC 6.1.7 ISR4, SPECTRE161, IC6.1.7 ISR12, MMSIM 15.1
Modules in this Course<
- The Virtuoso Design Environment (Optional)
- Introducing the Virtuoso ADE Explorer
- Analog Simulation Setup and Details
- Plotting and Processing Simulation Results in ViVA XL
- Running Design Corner Simulation
- Monte Carlo Analysis
- Real-Time Tuning in the ADE Explorer
- Perform Circuit and Device Checks
- Run Reliability Simulations
Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineers