In this course, you use the Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE) XL environment and its corresponding assistants and workspaces to analyze transistor-level designs and to evaluate the Mismatch Contribution from devices and run Sensitivity Analysis on an op-amp design.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Customize the Virtuoso ADE XL simulation environment by creating workspaces, using bookmarks and tabs, and running multiple processes.
- Use the ADE XL simulation environment and available assistants to set up and run simulations on an analog circuit.
- Run analysis for multiple tests simultaneously using separate testbenches.
- Set specifications for circuit performance and evaluate pass/fail scenarios.
- Manage history items that contain previous simulation results.
- Create datasheets using information available in simulation history. Set up a sweep analysis using variables and parameters associated with your design instances.
- Set up multiple corners and run corner analysis.
- Apply different sampling methods and run Monte Carlo simulations.
- Run sensitivity analysis and use different optimization methods to optimize your circuit parameters.
- About This Course
- The Virtuoso Analog Design XL Environment
- Working with ADE XL Outputs
- Simulation History Variables and Parameters
- Simulating Design Corners
- Monte Carlo AnalysisAppendix A: Spectre Command-Line Options
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Circuit Optimization
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Schematic Editor
- Virtuoso Analog Design Environment XL
- Virtuoso Spectre Circuit Simulator
- IC 6.1.6 ISR 11, MMSIM 14.1
- Analog IC Design Engineers
- Custom Circuit Designers