Types of Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We and our service providers collect any information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, when you:
- Register for a seminar, webinar, or event;
- Create an account or a profile;
- Participate in our user community or otherwise contribute content to the Sites, such as by authoring a post on our forums or commenting on a blog post;
- Submit an employment application and/or resume, or fill out other employment documentation;
- Make a purchase;
- Provide feedback;
- Request information from us;
- Register for training courses;
- Download software;
- Sign up to receive electronic newsletters, blog posts, and other materials; or
- Contact us with a question, comment, feedback, or request, including service requests.
The information that you provide to us may include:
- Your name;
- Your place of employment and job title;
- Contact information such as physical address, email address, and phone number;
- Username, password, and other registration information;
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, preferences, and interests;
- Information you provide when submitting an employment application;
- Transaction-related information;
- Information you provide when you make a request or otherwise contact us; and
- Any other information you choose to make public on the Sites (e.g., information shared with other members of our user community).
Information Collected Automatically
The information we and our service providers may automatically collect may include your IP address, your browser type and operating system, the webpages you view on the Sites, clickstream data, the time and length of your visit to the Sites, the search terms you enter on the Sites, your domain name, your e-mail address (to the extent it is automatically recognized by our servers), and information viewed and/or downloaded on the Sites. This information helps us to improve the content of the Sites, and customize the content or layout of the Sites.
Use of Information
We and service providers working on our behalf may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, as stated below:
- Providing you with the information that you request;
- Managing your account and providing you with information about the Sites, such as changing your user profile, notifying you of recent updates to the Sites, and providing you with patch releases or warranty information;
- Processing any transactions or providing any services you have authorized, such as a purchase or service request, and maintaining and supporting our products to the extent necessary for the provision of the services;
- Delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements as well as product news or notifications;
- Allowing us to improve the Sites and the products and services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and interests and improving site navigation;
- Generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Sites, to the extent your data is properly pseudonymized; and
We and service providers working on our behalf also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Sites or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
The provision of the information we collect is necessary to enter into an agreement with us. You are not obliged to provide the information. However, if you don’t, you might not be able to use some areas of the Sites and / or other services.
Disclosure of Information
- When we have your permission;
- When you choose to make information public on the Sites, such as when you contribute a post to our Cadence Technology Forums;
- To service providers who work on our behalf and have agreed to use the information solely to provide the services requested by Cadence, including, but not limited to, service providers that process payments, provide support services, or provide shipping services;
Security of Your Information
While we strive to maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information that we collect, we cannot ensure the absolute security of your information. We also are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The Sites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, anyone under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Location of Your Information
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of or restriction of processing or to object to processing of personal information, or request portability of personal information that Cadence holds about you. Please send any such requests to email@example.com. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. To the extent required under legal obligations or local laws, some of your information may remain within our systems and other records.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
In some cases, we provide a means to create an account or a profile of information on the Sites. In such cases, you may access and correct certain information by accessing your account or profile. For example, to change your contact information on www.cadence.com, log in to your account and select the "My Account" link found on the top of the webpage.
If we have obtained your e-mail address in connection with your purchase of our goods or services, we may send you promotional or marketing e-mails in relation to similar goods or services. You may opt-out from receiving these e-mails by notifying us at the address specified at the bottom of any unwanted e-mail. These opt-out procedures may not be available for transactional or relationship messages, such as e-mails that are necessary to provide you with confirmation of a completed transaction (such as a purchase, service request, or change in your user profile), to provide you with warranty information regarding a particular product you purchased, to provide notification of changes of terms of service, or to provide you with important information about the use of a product that you have purchased or software that you have downloaded.
We may send you periodic mailings or telephone you to inform you of new products, services, or events.
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You may also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly. For more information about cookies and how to manage them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may opt-out of our collection of analytics information through Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Preference Manager or at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. The Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on can be accessed here. For further details on the use of Google Analytics, please see above chapters “Information Collected Automatically” and “Google Analytics”.
Links to Other Sites
For your information, Cadence’s locations and contact information are available at www.cadence.com/contact_us.
Effective: September 2005
Last Revised: April 3, 2018