SAN JOSE, Calif., 20 May 2015
For more information on the Allegro 16.6 technology portfolio, please visit www.cadence.com/news/allegro166.
The Allegro 16.6 portfolio includes new products to help PCB designers achieve maximum efficiency and productivity, while keeping cost of ownership low. These new products include:
- Allegro PCB Designer Manufacturing Option, a comprehensive, powerful, easy-to-use toolset that makes it efficient and cost effective for PCB designers to streamline the development of a release-to-manufacturing package for their products. It includes the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Checker, Documentation Editor and Panel Editor modules. The Documentation Editor module can speed up overall fabrication documentation by up to 60 percent.
- Allegro Rules Developer and Checker, which allows users to develop custom fabrication and assembly rules to extend capabilities provided by Allegro PCB Designer and the Manufacturing Option. This tool provides a relational geometric verification language designed specifically for creating rules that are proprietary and custom to an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). The rules can be viewed and executed from the Allegro Constraint Manager, making it a single source for all design rules checks (DRCs) within a PCB.
Key Technology Updates
The Allegro 16.6 technology portfolio update offers multiple capabilities that boost turnaround time by shortening design cycles, accelerating timing closure and providing more editing control. These capabilities include:
- Adding return path vias while routing differential pairs, ensuring a ground current return path for differential pair vias
- Updates to avoid coupling of high-speed signals to the FR-4 fabric weave, making it easy for designers to create off-angle routes based on user-defined parameters, accelerating the PCB layout process significantly
- Adjusting spacing for signals in interfaces such as DDR3 and DDR4, allowing users to compress signals in high-density route areas, and to spread signals to avoid crosstalk between signals or make space for tuning
- A new shape-editing AppMode, allowing users to create and modify complex shape geometries very easily and quickly for copper shapes, flex cover lay geometries and complex pad shapes
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products and its services is available at www.cadence.com.
For more information, please contact: