SAN JOSE, Calif., 22 Jan 2013
For IP block-to-chip verification, enhancements include:
- Doubled performance from the simulator engine
- Improved debug capabilities with the recently introduced Incisive Debug Analyzer
- Automated Register Validation App that replaces hundreds of functional tests with a single formal analysis run
- Simplified coverage data analysis with the new Incisive Metrics Center feature
For SoC verification, enhancements include:
- An enhanced low-power algorithm in the simulator that delivers a 2x improvement in elaboration time. The new Incisive technology accurately models shutdown and recovery in low-power designs
- An integrated digital-centric mixed-signal solution that uses real number models (RNM), resulting in simulation speed increases of over 300x using wreal or SystemVerilog-RNM types
- Accelerated block and toggle coverage supported in Palladium XP Simulation Acceleration, reducing test time from hours to minutes
"Some of our customers are building 200 million-gate SoCs-even larger-at advanced nodes," said Chi-Ping Hsu, senior vice president, Silicon Realization Group at Cadence. "The successful verification of these designs is critical, and it requires the coordination of distributed worldwide teams. Unmatched in the breadth of its technology, Incisive 12.2 provides the productivity improvements these teams need to bring their designs to market fast and at high quality."
The new Incisive release integrates with Cadence® verification IP for SoC verification, the Cadence Virtual System Platform for system verification, and the Palladium® XP for acceleration which includes the ability to hot-swap between software-based simulation and hardware-based acceleration.
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available at www.cadence.com.
For more information, please contact:
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.