Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Supports custom analog, digital, and mixed-signal designs at the device, cell, block, and chip levels
- Accelerated performance and productivity from advanced full custom polygon editing through more flexible schematic and constraint-driven assisted full custom layout, to full custom layout automation
- Enables creation of differentiated custom silicon that is both fast and silicon accurate
As the full custom IC layout suite of the industry-leading Cadence® Virtuoso® platform, the Virtuoso Layout Suite supports custom analog, digital, and mixed-signal designs at the device, cell, block, and chip levels. The enhanced Virtuoso Layout Suite offers accelerated performance and productivity from advanced full custom polygon editing (L) through more flexible schematic-driven and constraint-driven assisted full custom layout (XL), to full custom layout automation (GXL). Seamlessly integrated with the Virtuoso Schematic Editor and the Virtuoso Analog Design Environment, the Virtuoso Layout Suite enables the creation of differentiated custom silicon that is both fast and silicon accurate.
The Virtuoso platform is the industry’s most silicon-proven, comprehensive, custom IC design platform, trusted in taping out thousands of designs each year for more than 25 years.
- New patented Virtuoso Layout Suite L graphics-rendering engine provides from 10X to 100X accelerated zoom, fit, pan, drag, and redraw performance on large layouts
- New Virtuoso Layout Suite XL connectivity extractor technology accelerates trace net, probe net, and mark net performance from 10X to 50X on large layouts
- Patented multi-user Express PCell capability continues to boost design opening performance from 10X to 20X whenever users require PCell evaluation
- New patented stream-in engine provides accelerated performance from 2X to 20X
- Virtuoso Layout Suite GXL Space-Based Routing technology automatically enforces process and design rules during interactive and assisted wire and bus editing
- Virtuoso Layout Suite GXL ModGens (module generators) add a new interactive pattern-manipulation flow, making real-time customization of a high-precision structured layout very visual and simple
- Virtuoso Layout Suite GXL Space-Based Routing technology at chip levels can deliver high-quality constraint-driven specialty routing to close thousands of nets in minutes, and new structured device-level routing capabilities that can enhance routing productivity by as much as 50%
- The Virtuoso platform is backed by the largest number of process design kits (PDKs) available from the world’s leading foundries, for process nodes everywhere from mature 0.6µm to advanced 7nm process nodes
Press Releases (5)
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview