Cadence is committed to keeping design teams highly productive. A range of support offerings and processes helps Cadence users focus on reducing time-to-market and achieving silicon success. Overview
- Easily enables the appropriate analysis by letting you simply choose your task (e.g., yield verification) or statistical corner creation and specify your target sigma requirement
- Provides high-yield estimation capabilities for checking the outer boundaries of your design at the 4-, 5-, or 6-sigma level
- Delivers advanced statistical sample reordering that greatly improves the performance of the statistical simulation, with additional speed-up for FinFET technology at 16nm and below
- Provides mismatch contribution analysis and statistical sensitivity analysis to pinpoint most influential devices within a statistical simulation
- Features easy, one-step creation of worst-case corners as derived by 3-sigma statistical sampling
The Cadence® Virtuoso® ADE Variation Option extends the statistical variation capabilities of Cadence’s Virtuoso ADE Assembler and Virtuoso ADE Verifier to allow for more sophisticated statistical analyses to be performed on any design. Specialized technology is also available for advanced-node designs.
Statistical sample reordering
Directly addresses the significant challenges associated with 3-sigma design, especially at an advanced process node or low Vdd. Virtuoso ADE Variation Option provides a statistical approach to verify circuit yield or create corners efficiently by reordering the samples to simulate the worst samples first. The method is co-developed with major foundries to provide with additional speedup for FinFET technology at 16nm and below.
High-yield estimation for 4-, 5-, or 6-sigma analysis
Parametric high-yield estimation is often required on devices that have extremely high volume (i.e., memory devices), or when testing the circuit limits is a must when failure of the part is not an option (i.e., automotive safety or medical devices). The Virtuoso ADE Variation Option provides two methods of simulation to meet and match your needs and conditions:
- Scaled-sigma sampling (SSS): This preferred statistical method generates samples where the standard deviation has been scaled up which is more accurate than WCD for nonlinear behavior and more efficient when there is a large number of statistical parameters and specifications.
- Worst-case distance (WCD): This statistical method defines the shortest distance from the nominal point to the specification boundary in the process/mismatch parameter space. WCD typically requires under 100 simulations for each spec and so is suitable for designs with a small number of specs/parameters that need to be monitored/changed.
Automated yield improvement flow
Virtuoso ADE Variation Option has an “Improve Yield” command that will return a design to a state where it meets all of the design criteria and has the highest possible yield. If no such point has been reached it will run iterative analyses on the current criteria and determine the conditions for highest possible yield for that design.
Mismatch contribution analysis
Virtuoso ADE Variation Option has a mismatch contribution analysis feature which is a Monte Carlo post-processing feature that helps in identifying the important contributors to mismatch variation. You can then modify the identified devices in the schematic and make the design less sensitive to mismatch variation
Accelerating Monte Carlo Analysis at Advanced Nodes
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings. We offer instructor-led classes at our training centers or at your site. We also offer self-paced online courses. Overview