SAN JOSE, Calif., 19 Sep 2016
- Cadence® RAK is optimized for new ARM® Cortex®-R52 CPU, targeting embedded designs for the automotive, medical and industrial markets
- Cadence RAK works with ARM Artisan® physical IP, enabling designers to meet challenging PPA goals
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS) today announced the availability of a Cadence Rapid Adoption Kit (RAK) for the new ARM Cortex-R52 CPU, which targets complex embedded designs for safety applications in markets including automotive, medical and industrial. The Cadence RAK, which consists of a complete digital implementation and signoff flow, is optimized to work with ARM Artisan physical IP and helps designers reach the highest frequency or lowest power during implementation or create a balance between power, performance and area (PPA)—all with reduced turnaround times. For more information on Cadence solutions for ARM-based applications, please visit www.cadence.com/go/armcpurak.
The delivery of the new Cadence RAK enables customers using the new ARM Cortex-R52 CPU to:
- Optimize PPA implementation with a full-flow reference methodology incorporating Cadence digital and signoff solutions, including the Genus™ Synthesis Solution, Innovus™ Implementation System, Quantus™ QRC Extraction Solution, Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution, Modus™ Test Solution and multiple Conformal® products
- Accelerate implementation of low-power physical designs with the Cadence System-to-GDSII flow
- Implement a highly power-efficient architecture for embedded devices using the complete Cadence low-power, multiple-power-domain flow using IEEE 1801 standard constraints
“We designed the ARM Cortex-R52 from the ground up to address functional safety demands in a diversity of applications,” said James McNiven, general manager for CPU and media processing groups, ARM. “Markets with an immediate need for its capability include automotive, industrial and health care as advanced robotics and autonomous vehicles have specific safety-critical requirements. The latest Cadence RAK will support customers using the ARM Cortex-R52, enabling the rapid development and deployment of SoCs.”
“We worked closely with ARM to optimize our advanced digital implementation and signoff solutions with the ARM Cortex-R52 CPU, so our customers can start creating innovative embedded designs today,” said Dr. Anirudh Devgan, senior vice president and general manager of the Digital & Signoff Group and the System & Verification Group at Cadence. “We have thoroughly tested the RAK so that designers can adopt these innovative technologies with confidence and deliver low-power Cortex-R52 devices quickly, enabling early silicon delivery.”
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today’s integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products and its services is available at www.cadence.com.
For more information, please contact:
© 2016 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, the Cadence logo and the other Cadence marks found at www.cadence.com/go/trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. ARM, Artisan, and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.