Instructor-led training [ILT] are live classes that are offered in our state-of-the-art classrooms at our worldwide training centers, at your site, or as a Virtual classroom. Each is led by an experienced instructor who is an expert in the respective field. The courses are designed and developed to teach a specific tool or design discipline. They contain lecture material, hands-on labs, and expert tips and tricks from the instructors.
Benefits of ILT
- Q&A session with live instructor
- Direct interaction with other users
- Focus completely on your class by being away from your usual working environment.
- Lecture material detailing tool and design-related topics.
- Hands-on exercises giving you a chance to experiment with the tools and practice concepts covered during lecture.
- You can choose from more than 150 classes that are held at our worldwide training centers.
- Browse our course catalogue or contact your training location for details.
- Or request an onsite training which offers flexible scheduling and provides a private learning experience, centering on your needs.
- Standard Training Courses are developed with predefined sets of topics. They are offered at Cadence training facilities, delivered onsite at your facility, or even virtually.
- Tailored Training Courses offer you the option to mix, add, or eliminate topics from one or multiple courses. Select your topics of interest, and we will tailor the class for you, using our standard course database.
- Custom Training Courses provide you with maximum flexibility. You can request only certain topics to be covered, new topics to be added or you can also provide your own design or database to use in the labs.
Tailored/custom courses are typically held at a customer site, but can also be offered at Cadence training facilities.
You can choose from a vast selection of training, categorized as follows: 1) Tool - The focus of tool training is usage and how to access technology effectively. Basically, tool training is everything that is not considered Advanced or Language and Methodology. 2) Advanced Engineer Explorer [EE] - The Engineer Explorer Series [EE] is designed for more experienced users of Cadence tools, and aimed at providing more sophisticated strategies, tool exploration, and learn-by-doing-techniques. In our learning maps, these are marked with an EE symbol. 3) Language and Methodology - Language and Methodology courses include design theory/ language theory and techniques. You will find technical capabilities combined into a consistent and repeatable flow.
Live Training Without the Need to Travel
A Virtual Classroom is a web-based environment that allows you to participate in live training events without traveling. Without additional expenses and travel time, Virtual Classroom makes efficient, multi-site, training across geographic regions possible. You listen to lectures, participate in lab exercises, ask questions, and receive feedback just as you would in a conventional classroom, except you do it from the convenience of your desktop or anywhere you have an Internet and phone connection. Each course is usually divided into four-hour sessions spanning several days. Each session consists of lectures and lab exercises using Cadence software. Between sessions, you can further explore the lab exercises on your own, or you can concentrate on your design projects for the rest of each day.