Length : 2 day(s)
In this course, you learn to create schematic libraries for Allegro® Design Entry HDL and footprint libraries for use with the Allegro PCB Editor. About 75% of the course time is focused on front-end schematic library development, and the remaining 25% is spent on back-end footprint creation.
This class is very similar to the Allegro PCB Librarian course except in this class you use Allegro Engineering Data Management (EDM) to run the library tools instead of the Project Manager. You create a library project area for building schematic symbol models as well as flash, padstack, and footprint models.
Allegro PCB Editor footprint creation is also covered in the Allegro PCB Editor course. See the list of Related Courses below.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Set up for EDM based library development
- Create schematic symbol, padstack, and footprint models
- Create asymmetrical and split parts, and build new parts from existing ones
- Test and verify parts
Software Used in This Course
- Allegro PCB Librarian
SPB172 QIR7 or later
Modules in this Course
DE HDL Library Development
- Creating a Library Project
- Using the Schematic Symbol Model Flow
- Using theh Part Flow
- Building a 74LCX125
- Building a Resistor Network
- More Part Building
- Advanced Skills
PCB Editor Library Development
- Introducing the PCB Model Flow
- Package Symbol Wizard
- Custom Padstacks
- Mechanical Symbols
- Edge Connectors
- Library Developers
There are no prerequisties for this course.
- Allegro Design Entry HDL Basics
- Allegro Design Entry HDL Front-to-Back Flow
- Allegro PCB Editor Basic Techniques