Length : 2 days
In this course, you use the Spectre® AMS Designer Simulator from the Xcelium™ software suite and the Virtuoso® Analog Design Environment graphical interface to run and analyze the mixed-signal, mixed-language simulations. This is the AMS Designer Virtuoso Use Model (AVUM).
In the Virtuoso use model, you run simulations on designs netlisted with the Unified Netlister (UNL) in Virtuoso ADE Explorer using the xrun executable from the AMS Designer simulator.
You use the Virtuoso Hierarchy Editor to create design configurations and learn the concept of discipline resolution and explore connect module usage for signals crossing A/D domain boundaries.
You also learn to use built-in and user-defined connect modules, and in turn their corresponding connect rules. Various types of connect modules are discussed.
The appendix attached to this course addresses software licensing.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand discipline resolution in mixed-signal designs
- Apply signal disciplines and learn to use built-in and customized connect rules/connect modules for mixed-signal interface translations
- Use design configurations and learn to use the AMS Unified Netlister along with different analog solvers in the ADE
- Simulate mixed-signal designs with the Spectre AMS Designer simulator and the Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE)
- Display simulation results in the Virtuoso Visualization and Analysis XL window
Software Used in This Course
- XLM300 Xcelium Single Core
- 70070 Spectre AMS Designer
- 70060 Spectre AMS Connector
- 95250 Virtuoso ADE Explorer
Xcelium 18.03 and IC 6.1.7 ISR21
Modules in this Course
- Mixed-Signal Discipline Resolution and Connect Module Concepts
- Netlisting with the Unfied Netlister
- Creating Design Configuration with the Hierarchy Editor
- Using Spectre AMS Designer in the Virtuoso ADE
- Demystifying Connect Modules
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Circuit Designers
- Analog/Mixed-Signal Verification Engineers
You must have knowledge of the maestro tool or completed the following courses:
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S1: Set Up and Run Analog Simulations Using the Spectre Simulator
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S2: Analyzing Simulations Using the ViVA XL Waveform Tool
Note: Please talk to your training coordinator for details on how you can tailor this course.