Length : 1/2 day
For classroom delivery, this course is taught as half day session (4 hours).
In this course, you start by setting up and running corner analyses in the Virtuoso ADE Explorer. You use PVT information to create corners. You also learn to create corner groups and then simulate across corners. You then set up a Monte Carlo run accounting for mismatch variations and learn to auto-stop your run based on a target yield. After analyzing the yield view, filtering yield information for successfully completed points, you plot histograms and print statistical parameters.
This course is part of the Virtuoso ADE Explorer Series of courses:
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S1: Set Up and Run Analog Simulations Using the Spectre Simulator
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S2: Analyzing Simulations Using the ViVA XL Waveform Tool
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S3: Corner Analysis and Monte Carlo Simulations
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer S4: Real-Time Tuning, Checks/Asserts, and Reliability Analysis
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use PVT-related information to create design corners.
- Import and export design corners.
- Run simulations across design corners.
- Specify Monte Carlo run options.
- Apply specific mismatch variations.
- Run Monte Carlo analysis.
- Auto-stop your Monte Carlo run based on target yield.
- Plot Histograms and print statistical parameters.
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso ADE Explorer
- Virtuoso Spectre Simulator
IC 617 ISR4, MMSIM 15.1
- About This Course
- Introduction to the Virtuoso Design Environment (Optional)
- Running Design Corner Simulation
- Monte Carlo Analysis
- Analog/mixed-signal designers
You must have completed the following course: