In this course, you explore the features of the Innovus™ Implementation System for creating and implementing a hierarchical design. You learn several techniques to floorplan your design, create partitions (hierarchical blocks), run place and route, and optimize the design (at the block level and top level) to close timing. You learn techniques to reduce the memory-size and run time by using interface logic models (ILMs).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Floorplan and create partitions for your design.
- Implement the blocks and the top-level design using various methods after analyzing the benefits and drawbacks of each method.
- Generate and run customized scripts (Foundation Flow Scripts) that contain the recommended commands and options to implement your design.
Software Used in This Course
- Innovus Implementation System
Modules in this Course
- About this Course
- Partitioning the Design
- Pin Placement
- Bus Planning
- Generating and Using Interface Logic Models (ILMs)
- Automatic Floorplan Synthesis (AFS)
- Foundation Flow Scripts
- Course Conclusions
- Next Steps
- ASIC Designers
- CAD Engineers
- Chip Designers
- Layout Designers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- Design methodology
- Place and route
Or you must have completed the following courses:
System Requirements for Online Courses
- For system requirements click here
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed