Length : 3 days
In the Allegro® PCB Editor SKILL® Programming Language course, you learn to write useful commands and functions to customize and extend the functionality of the base Allegro PCB Editor tool set. The first part of the course introduces you to the core SKILL programming language. In the second and third parts, you use the SKILL programming language to read and write the Allegro PCB Editor database and to interact with the user.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use the SKILL interpreter in the PCB Editor environment
- Control program flow
- Work with lists
- Access the PCB Editor database
- Interact with the user through the PCB Editor user interface
- Build menus and forms with Allegro PCB Editor SKILL
- Register new PCB Editor commands
Software Used in This Course
- Allegro PCB Designer or
- Cadence® Advanced Package Designer or
- Cadence SiP Layout
- SPB 16.5 or higher
Modules in this Online Course
- About This Course
- SKILL Fundamentals
- Allegro PCB Editor SKILL Database Access
- Allegro PCB Editor SKILL User Interface
- This course is for CAD programmers, tool integrators, system administrators, and PCB Editor or APD users who wish to customize the PCB Editor or APD environments.
“You must have”:
- A working knowledge of PCB design.
- Some programming experience is helpful, but not required.
System Requirements for Courses
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed