Length : 1/2 day
Click here for Course Preview.
For classroom delivery, this course is taught as half day session (4 hours).
This course focuses on the basic concepts required to work with Virtuoso® Layout Suite XL to create a layout using a connectivity-driven flow. You start with the creation and placement of your layout building blocks using manual and automated methods. You will learn about the Binder/Extractor, and also learn how to debug problems in the design connectivity. You will become familiar with Constraint Groups and learn how they affect your layout work.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use VLS-XL to create a new layout cell from scratch.
- Debug and address connectivity errors in your layout design.
- Analyze how the Layout-XL binder and extractor work.
- Describe how Constraint Groups affect your layout work.
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Layout Suite XL/GXL
- IC 6.1.7
Modules in this Course
- Design Creation and Placement
- Binder and Extractor
- Using Constraint Groups in Virtuoso
- Layout Design Engineers
- Layout CAD Managers
You must have:
- Experience with layout design.
- Knowledge of schematic symbols and MOS devices.
- A basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
Or you must have completed the following courses:
Please note that some of the training features will require loading a set of SKILL files. It is recommended to include these files in your standard Virtuoso settings.
System Requirements for Online Courses
- For system requirements click here
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed