Click here for Course Preview.
For classroom delivery, this course is taught as half day session (4 hours).
In this course, you will use the features available in the IC 6.1.7 environment. You will learn to customize your working environment to improve the experience when creating layout using the Virtuoso® Layout Suite. You will also take advantage of the new user interface features to perform editing operations while minimizing the need of zooming in.
This course is part of a series; the other courses in the series are:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use and customize design assistants and workspaces.
- Effectively use the selection and snapping options to speed up the layout entry process.
- Take advantage of new layout display features.
- Use the Quick Align and Align toolbars.
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Layout Suite L
- IC 6.1.7
Day 1 (note: this is a ½ day course)
- The Design Environment: CIW, Library Path Editor, Library Manager, History, Bookmarks, World View, and Workspace
- User Interface: Layers, Objects, and Grids Assistants, bindkeys, Toolbars, and Dynamic Display
- Basic Layout Commands: Dynamic Measurement, Selection, Quick Align, and Align Toolbar
- Layout Design Engineers
- Layout CAD Managers
You must have:
- Experience with layout design.
- A basic knowledge of Unix/Linux.
Please note that some of the training features will require loading a set of SKILL files.
It is recommended to include these files in your standard Virtuoso settings.