Length : 2 days
This course guides the Virtuoso® Layout Suite L user into Virtuoso Layout Suite XL and GXL. You learn about the differences between the suites, about connectivity, and what drives the connectivity between the schematic and layout in XL/GXL.
You are introduced to creating, modifying, and implementing constraints in the layout, and how to propagate them from the schematic. Included with this introduction, you explore Module Generators (ModGens) where interdigitation patterns of transistors, resistors, or capacitors can be set up either from the schematic or layout and treated as another constraint.
Also, you are introduced to the Wire Editor and the Wire Assistant (only available in the XL and GXL suites), where you can define and implement design rule overrides any time.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Move on to the Virtuoso Connectivity-Driven Layout flow with more understanding and expertise for the productivity improvements that connectivity and automation offer for quicker first silicon success
- Learn about the productivity in automation that the XL and GXL suites provide
- Explore how the Binder and Extractor provide connectivity
- Edit wires and buses
- Apply specific techniques to improve routing with the Virtuoso Space-Based Router
Software Used in This Course
- Virtuoso Layout Suite L
- Virtuoso Layout Suite XL
- Virtuoso Layout Suite GXL
- IC 6.1.7
Modules in this Course
- About This Course
- Introduction to Connectivity
- What Are the Binder and Extractor?
- What Are the Advantages of Designing with Virtuoso XL/GXL?
- Creating, Modifying and Implementing Constraints
- Using Create Wire and the Wire Assistant
- Using the Virtuoso Space-Based Router
- Layout Engineers
- IC Designers
- Chip Designers
- Analog/Mixed Signal IC Designers
You must have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- UNIX or Linux OS
- CMOS devices
- Text Editing
- Layout or Mask Design
Or you must have completed the following course:
System Requirements for Online Courses
- For system requirements click here
- Cadence software as listed above installed and licensed